PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phones

DavieBoy
8th January 2015, 17:18
Hi all,
Having been diagnosed with MND in July last year, it is slowly affecting my hands, to the point I am having difficulty using my phone. Does anyone know of a mobile that has voice dialling built in and that does not require a connection to the internet? I have been trying some voice dialler apps to limited success. I used to have an old Nokia that had this capability, but never realised just how useful it can be.

Trevorhb
8th January 2015, 17:27
Hi Davie, I use an iPad for most communication now as the touch screen is nice and big and easy to use. The phone side is not a problem to me as I cannot speak, but I am sure there will be someone who can help you. Anyway, welcome to the forum.
Trevor

pacer1971
8th January 2015, 17:34
Hi Davieboy
The EE eagle has a large screen for dialing but it is one big phone. It's better as a tablet.
cheers
Darryl

DavieBoy
8th January 2015, 17:34
Many thanks Trevor for the welcome.

Terry
8th January 2015, 17:51
Hi Davie;

Welcome to the forum. I have the same problem as Trevor so speech is not an option, but I went into the Blind Society a couple of days ago for a recording/talking machine. I am sure that their clients use that type of thing and they were very friendly and helpful.

Defiantly worth a call or popping in, Terry

Candle
8th January 2015, 22:31
If you know of an old phone that did the trick try eBay. When we needed an old Nokia to work with Grid2 software to allow texts to be sent that was the only place we could find one that was compatible. We donated everything to our local Speech Therapy Department so unfortunately don't still have it. Good luck.

bakeit Forum