PDA

View Full Version : Take medical advice before you buy anything

Trevorhb
14th January 2015, 17:25
we have had a very busy day today. This morning it was the MND clinic then on to the hospice for the first of a 6 week course. Had a very good session with their physio and came away with a brand new 4 wheel Rollator and a swivel cushion to help getting in and out of cars. I was going to buy a Rollator, but have a very good one for free. I will make a generous donation to the hospice next week because I can afford to buy these things.

Jan
14th January 2015, 17:40
I had a busy day too, the MND Nurse came this morning and is contacting the OT for a rollator for me. Like you I was going to buy too but making donation to the hospice is an excellent idea. I have sworn though that I will only use the rollator in the house! This lady is far too young to be seen pushing one outside!

Trevorhb
14th January 2015, 18:07
I thought the same Jan, but now I have got one, feel it will get me out and give me more confidence when walking.

willsandco
14th January 2015, 18:49
I take mine out all the time, Trevor and Jan. There are more folk in the vicinity with bruised ankles - I think that is why David Cameron is having so much trouble with A &E waiting times in Lincoln!

it does make such a difference, much more confident out walking than I was with my magic stick!

I don't give a hoot what people think! Have you ever read Jenny Joseph's poem called "When I get old, I am going to wear purple!" Well, that is me!

I have a 3 wheeled one at the moment. (I call it Nippy 3) but I have a 4 wheeled on the way. It has a bell too so watch out the world because for sure I cant shout and tell them I am about to mow them down.

I just am determined to use my legs as long as I can. Just don't want to be wheelchair bound.

Much love

Joycie xx

Nettie B
14th January 2015, 19:28
What a brilliant idea, having a bell on the rollator. Trevor's hasn't got one ... I see a trip to Halford's bike department coming on!

marieline
15th January 2015, 03:04
I had a busy day too, the MND Nurse came this morning and is contacting the OT for a rollator for me. Like you I was going to buy too but making donation to the hospice is an excellent idea. I have sworn though that I will only use the rollator in the house! This lady is far too young to be seen pushing one outside!
Hello Jan,
I smiled reading your post. I have been saying for the last 5 years that i am too young to be seen pushing a rollator. Guest what i went and bought a rollator duo yesterday. I took it out for a ride to the post office to collect my parcels, too easy!. From 1 cane to a pair of nordic poles to a rollator. The reason i bought it though is that at some venues there are no where to sit, as i am attending the blues and root festival soon, it will come in handy. The rollator also is used as a wheelchair, if i feel like having a beer, i can, and if my legs get too spastic, i can be pushed back to the car. So it comes with some advantages.
best wishes
Marieline

bakeit Forum