PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard

ccinjersey
26th January 2015, 15:52
Braces ourselves for a horrific blizzard ! Got extra bottled water, batteries, and of course milk, eggs and bread, in the event we never have food again lol :) Hubby dragging out the generator in the even we never have electricity again !!

Stay tuned will keep you posted ! Your official weather girl from across the pond :)

xoxo

Springtime
26th January 2015, 16:25
Brrrrrrrrrrrr CC, it makes me feel cold just thinking about it. Its OK when the snow comes if you can stay in snug and warm, but no joke when you have to go to work. Keep us posted, good job we don't get (well rarely) powercuts as we don't have a generator. Ha ha I had to titter when you put about the milk and bread, it doesn't matter where we live in a snow storm we have to have our supplies. xxx
Weather forecast here today at 4.30.........Cold, Slightly Windy and a mixture of cloud and clear skies, starting to go dark. xx

Terry
26th January 2015, 16:29
I heard you might have a flurry over there. You sound well sorted.

Love Terry

berdbrain
26th January 2015, 20:42
Good luck CC, keep smiling and stay inside xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDebbiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooo

ccinjersey
27th January 2015, 00:28
LOL Just a few flurries Terry! hey where did TopCat go?? I didn’t recognize you!

Thanks, you guys keep warm over there too :)

They are calling it an ‘historic blizzard’ with 58 million people in the path of it including little ole me lol We are in a ‘state of emergency’ meaning no one out and about or allowed on the roads or will get a summons. This is a problem for me because I work in a hospital so I’m not excused from it, and they expect all staff to come in. I swear these people are crazy! I’m not a brain surgeon there, they only need doctors and nurses and they provide transportation to get them if needed, everyone else should be required to stay home and be safe.

My generator can not do the whole house Zip, just the necessities refrigerator and TV! Lol. If we lose power as they are predicting, we also lose heat !! We do have a gas fireplace which will be the place we all will be hovering around, and sleeping! Ugh, but grateful to have it. A big pajama party! :)

xoxox

BlueEyesOhio
27th January 2015, 02:25
CC,
I heard your area was going to get hit. I wonder how it managed to miss us. I heard you could get up to 3 to 4 feet (how much is that in the UK, lol!!) Oh, it's 1 to 1.3 meters? I'm clueless about distances, my hubby worked that out.

Hope you will be warm tonight. Gas fireplace is good. Keep us posted!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))

Lynne

ccinjersey
27th January 2015, 03:23
Lol I don’t know either Lynne, since our country refuses to learn the metric system like the rest of the world. Yes it could reach 3 feet in some areas! The snow I can handle, just hoping we don’t lose power !!

Hate to tease mother nature, but it can't be as bad as Hurricane Sandy! That was a whooper, with people still trying to recover from it !!

Yep you guys got lucky there, keep warm! :)

xoxo

Breadnjam
27th January 2015, 08:49
All the very best to our American friends...hope you have someone you can snuggle up to , to keep warm.
Love Jam

willsandco
27th January 2015, 09:51
Keep in contact, CC. Lets hope the power doesn't go! x

Barry52
27th January 2015, 10:23
Hi CC,
I've read the weather report for NY and it says up to 2 inches of snow per hour during this morning (yes the older generation over here still use the imperial measurement system although we have no trouble converting since we had to help the kids with their homework). Hope you are warm and well fed and if the bread runs out just reach for the pasta.

Barry x

ccinjersey
27th January 2015, 13:55
Yep I do Jam, I have the best three snuggle buddies a girl could have, my dogs!! Oh yeah and almost forgot my hubby too! Lol

Yes Barry snow still coming down very, very fast in New Jersey. New York seems to have dodged the big bullet not as bad there as predicted. North Northeast is in bad shape, Boston, Rhode Island etc…getting hammered.

Having hot coffee now, watching the snow, and CNN. Hot pasta on the menu for dinner Barry! :)

Waiting for the dreaded phone call from the workaholic maniacs to come into work!! I think another form of insubordination is coming my way ! Will keep you posted Joycie…unless we lose power…

CCxox

ccinjersey
27th January 2015, 14:25
Yay ! Someone used their smarts, and cancelled patients and closed the unit! Get to play hooky, and go play in the snow with my best buddies!! :)

ttyl
xoxox

Springtime
27th January 2015, 15:51
Just to say CC I am still working in feet and inches. Hope all is ok with you over there. X

ccinjersey
27th January 2015, 18:39
Well then Welcome to the US my imperial system using friends :)

xoxo

fishmate12
28th January 2015, 00:30
Hi CC,
Look on the bright side,,if it's deep, and you've got to use a shovel, ..you'll probably burn off about 10kg of love-handles, hehe

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78zp3l80x8q1vcc/Frio_invierno.pps?dl=0&m=

BlueEyesOhio
28th January 2015, 03:35
Ray,
Amazing pics!

CC, so glad you didn't get slammed and were able to stay home. Sanity reigns!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))

Lynne

ccinjersey
28th January 2015, 13:14
10kg? What’s that in inches Ray ? Lol

Shovel, what’s that ? Lol A snow blower! The only way to plow out quickly! :)

Yes it could have been a lot worse Lynne, more snow predicted for Friday….that one might be coming your way ?

xox

john
28th January 2015, 22:55
CC,
10kgs is 22lbs, 1.5 stone in our world but I don't think you do stones.

John

ccinjersey
29th January 2015, 01:37
Thank you John, can always count on you to compute the math :) You would be correct not stones.. pounds and ounces. We do have skipping stones though, and stepping stones !! Lol

Wow lose 22 pounds just by shoveling snow! That would become the latest exercise craze here if that was possible! LOL

xoxo

BlueEyesOhio
29th January 2015, 02:02
Hi all,
Friday looks like the "Alberta Clipper" That is a mean, nasty weather system coming down from Canada. It usually is not a good thing when it comes. We may get lotsa snow. I'm thinking we'll be staying in the house! They're not sure how this will stack up in terms of how much snow fall.

We have filed for "priority status" for our electricity. Not sure how much faster they will get our lights on when they go out but we'll see. Apparently because I use a bi-pap, it is considered a life support machine.

Glad you dodged a bullet!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))

Lynne

ccinjersey
29th January 2015, 02:20
Stay safe and warm Lynne. Do you have a generator? If not you may qualify with your State do to certain medical conditions to be provided with one thru your gas and electric company.

After Hurricaine Sandy may husband wanted to purchase one thru our G&E company, but very costly $6,000 for a unit that would do my whole house. You might want to look into it, if your medical conditions qualifies you for it you may get it for free!

xox

boreham1
29th January 2015, 21:05
Its snowing here now! I must be a bit of a survivalist, the wind knocked out our power a few years ago so i bought a generator under 300 ( Wont run the oven happily but the rest no probs) only used it about 3 times but one was three pm to sometime in the early hours next day. Its Chinese in origin and came from tool station. I've trained my wife to start it first pull, but she will probably forget to switch the main switch off and try and power the whole of the village lol . Logs and a Cupboard full of tins! Bring it on snow, my grandson wants the day off tomorrow lol

ccinjersey
30th January 2015, 01:08
Always good to be prepared Boreham! I enjoy my snow days as well ! :) more fluffy white stuff coming tomorrow morning for us, not quite a blizzard this time.

Enjoy the snow :)
CCxox

BlueEyesOhio
30th January 2015, 02:07
CC,
Thanks for that tip. Hubby will check the Electric Company to see what they have.

Lynne

Terry
30th January 2015, 12:25
Hi Boreham;

It's good to hear that at least some women can be trained and America's don't have snow like us, there's is not half as bad.

Peace and good will to all men, love Terry

ccinjersey
30th January 2015, 13:25
You looking for a rumble Terry? Lol :)

I’ll take the bait for old times sake. Trained women ? Like a trained monkey in the circus ? There’s no such thing as a trained woman, and now you just went and teased Mother Nature (a woman) She is going to send you a whopper of a storm just to show you who’s boss! lol

You mark my superstitious words :)

CCxox

Nettie B
30th January 2015, 15:34
Terry, what have you done!?
We know who to blame now if we get loads of snow! So much for your nice icon of a lovely sunny poppy field! LOL.

Terry
30th January 2015, 16:56
Don't worry about the crazy american and her threats Nettie;

Anyway if it comes you just have to put Trevor and me outside to melt it all. Maybe see you Sunday.

Love Terry

ccinjersey
30th January 2015, 23:55
LMAO :) :)

Nettie when you guys are all buried in 2 feet of snow we'll see who's the crazy one! and you'll know exactly who to blame!

Terry are you and Trevor that hot in bed that you can melt snow ?? I'm impressed...:)

xoxo

BlueEyesOhio
31st January 2015, 03:37
Crazy American? I resemble that remark! Yes, CC I guess we are.

Oh, no!! You guys might be in for lotsa snow if you insult Mother Nature (an untrainable woman) She pretty much does what she wants.

CC, Did you ever see "Pizza Cousins" on Food Network or Food TV? There are 2 guys on there Sal and Francis. They say they are from New York. The show is a serious foodie show (I think) but these guys are funny!!!

Love all you guys!!!

Lynne

Trevorhb
31st January 2015, 10:35
A bit of the white stuff when we got up this morning, all Terry's fault. Terry we will not be coming tomorrow because of the weather and my current health. Give our regards to Arthur if he is there.

Terry
31st January 2015, 11:06
How can you blame me Trevor;

We have a few sprinklings here too but nothing really. We still plan on going and will pass on your regards to Arthur and others. It's not such a good idea to travel in this weather if you're not great.

My regards to the two crazy american ladies, you are on the ball this time, love Terry

ccinjersey
31st January 2015, 12:49
Uh-huh....yep.

She's just giving you a little warning this time Terry,

xoxo :)

Springtime
31st January 2015, 14:08
Lynne and CC.......Hey Girlies we're with you (united we stand and all that) Its just our Terry, think he needs his bottom smacking! x

ccinjersey
31st January 2015, 14:34
Hey girlie girl, united we stand. A bottom smacking… by a woman no less!! Lol Our Terry is hot enough, we don’t want to make him overheat now do we ?! Lmao

Springtime
31st January 2015, 16:01
Perhaps the Fire Station would be the ideal place for him again CC we could hose him down when he got overheated!!:cool: LOL

ccinjersey
31st January 2015, 16:24
LOL :) Good idea Zip! and he certainly has a big hose so that should do the trick!!

ooxx

BlueEyesOhio
1st February 2015, 02:25
Ladies and Gents,
How did this get off track? I thought we were talking about the weather then it gets to bum smacking and hoses. Tisk, tisk....

This crazy American is going night, night.

So fun!!! Hope everyone has a super good sleep tonight. And to the hot ones, chill out!!

Love and hugs,
Lynne

Terry
1st February 2015, 11:08
Sweet dreams Lynne

ccinjersey
1st February 2015, 12:11
Good morning :)

LOL I'll try Lynne, but can't make any promises.

Love and hugs from the other crazy American
CCoxo

Springtime
1st February 2015, 14:11
Hey CC our Terrys snowed in. LOVVL. xx

Terry
1st February 2015, 14:30
Zep;

At long last she's dug the tunnel and I'm free again. I think she needs a bit of instruction and training. Wifey was very slow doing it, it's been four hours that I have been stuck indoors.

Love Terry

ccinjersey
1st February 2015, 14:50
I really don’t feel sorry for him Zip, just his lovely Linda.

Terry not only did you piss off Mother Nature, but your gonna piss off your lovely wife who just broke her back for fours hours trying to dig you out ! Had you not insulted Mother Nature this whole mess could have been easily avoided.

Next time just listen to the crazy American !

..... and he still wants a trained woman!!! Some men never learn!

LOL
CCxoxo

ccinjersey
1st February 2015, 15:07
Oh and P. S. Terry.. if your going to keep pissing off Mother Nature please buy your wife a snow blower.

We have another storm coming tonight into tomorrow, another foot expected!! thank you very much Terry!

LMAO:)
CC xoxo

Terry
1st February 2015, 15:59
I think some words are more acceptable in some countries John;

Perhaps a few XXX CC will save our delicate eyes and unusually I agree with John.

Cc, The sun shines on the righteous, not sure what loads of snow means, could it be Angels?

Love Terry

ccinjersey
1st February 2015, 16:11
Sorry boys, certainly didn't mean to offend.

xox

Steve
1st February 2015, 19:01
Technically John this forum is for adults only

4. ACCESSING THE FORUM

4.1 You must be 18 or over to use or view the Forum.

It is up to the mods to decide what is acceptable.

Terry
1st February 2015, 19:57
It's only John making his personal comment on his views. It was not done to upset people or enforce his views on the rest of us. He has since withdrawn it probably because he feels it has upset some people. I do sympathize with his views but feel it's a very small matter that has been taken the wrong way.

I do not mean to offend and have often asked people if they are OK with what I've written.

Respect, Terry

john
1st February 2015, 20:45
Sorry all. I did not mean to offend CC. I have withdrawn my comment and sent her a pm.

John

Trevorhb
1st February 2015, 21:55
On an open forum I think we should always watch what we say, with some it does not matter, with others they are easily offended. Inappropriate language is not really acceptable.

Steve
1st February 2015, 22:23
That's a Very subjective view though Trevor, can I ask why you would choose to take the individual with the lowest tolerance and set that as the benchmark for the forum?

What if someone took offence at not being able to express themselves on this forum which, let's be honest is a very emotive place.

fishmate12
1st February 2015, 22:30
Innapropriate language??????????????

NO SPEAKAH DE ENGLISH,

A bus stops and 2 men get on.
They sit down and engage in an animated conversation. The lady sitting
next to them ignores them at first, but her attention is galvanized
when she hears one of them say the following:...

'Emma come first. Den I come. Den two asses come together. I come once-a-more! Two asses,
they come together again. I come again and pee twice. Then I come one lasta time.

'The lady can't take this any more, 'You foul-mouthed sex obsessed pig,' she retorted indignantly.

'In this country, we don't speak aloud in public places about our sex lives.'

'Hey, coola down lady,' said the man. 'Who talkin' abouta sex?

I'm a justa tellin' my frienda how to spell ' Mississippi '.....

Go on,..check it!!!

Springtime
1st February 2015, 22:32
I agree totally that inappropriate language is not to be encouraged however we also need to NOT take a joke out of context. Plus we also need to remember that what is considered unacceptable to some is quite acceptable in other countries and so as the forum is world wide WE need to take this on board. it was said in a jokey manner. And I must add that some people get offended over the most trivial things, which I would say is their problem and they need to deal with it. Anyway only my opinion and just saying. Don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill do we. X

pacer1971
1st February 2015, 22:51
Hello all
This has been blown out of all proportion. I have not seen anything offensive that Cc should apologise for. There was not a word that is not used in the modern vernacular in this country. So good on you Cc your too important to loose for something so so trivial.

Cheers
Darryl

Springtime
1st February 2015, 23:04
Hey Darryl Are you going to the meeting tomorrow?? X

Trevorhb
2nd February 2015, 10:31
We must remember that for every one of us who are active forum users, there are many, many people who watch but do not say much. It can be some of these people which are offended by street level language.

bakeit Forum