PDA

View Full Version : keep it taped day!

willsandco
18th February 2015, 13:01
I have been discussing stuff with Daithedragon and in the midst of it all, I have had an idea.

We have Children in Need Day, we have Comic Relief Day

What about one day a year, everyone tapes up their mouth and doesn't speak for one whole day. This would raise awareness for all the people who , for whatever reason, cant speak.

People could manage with email and social media for one day.

The monies could go to MNDA and any other charities that help with such things.

We could call it "Keep it taped" day.

Seriously, folks, is it worth putting forward to MNDA fundraising?

(I know you some of you will say I have nothing better to do than dream up these ideas, but look what happened with the Ice Bucket Challenge!)

Love to all

Joycie xx

ccinjersey
18th February 2015, 13:17
I'm in !! Great idea Joycie!

Although Terry is a big believer in 'women' having tape over their mouth, so I thnk he came up with the original concept LMAO :) Thrilled your including everyone to try it a raise awareness and funds for mnd ! :)

xoxo

willsandco
18th February 2015, 13:20
People wouldn't have to actually tape up their mouths - just not talk

we could call it "keep it taped Day" or "keep it zipped Day

Joycie

DaiTheDragon
18th February 2015, 13:55
I think it would open people's eyes to what it's like not to be able talk. Before we were ill we took it all for granted.
I think it's a brilliant idea.
Some couples could have a day off from arguing
David

willsandco
18th February 2015, 14:11
Ha! Ha! Sounds like you know about my first marriage to the lovely Bill. It doesn't happen often with Peter cos he is so laid back but Bill and I were always bickering. It kept our marriage alive - and it was very happy xx

GrannieAnnie
18th February 2015, 14:27
I've often thought it would do everyone good to go a whole day without talking, give them some idea of what those who cannot talk go through - find out just how frustrating life is! Can you imagine how HSBC would get on, all those tax dodgers not knowing what was happening to their money!! A great idea Joycie! x

ccinjersey
18th February 2015, 14:29
LOL :)

I think I'm going to need the tape Joycie, I don't have that kind of self control. I'll use the hospital tape, so it won't hurt when I pull it off, I'll make big 'X' over my mouth ! Oh my hubby would be soooo pleased :)

I think mnda and alsa need to help kick off the campaign!

xox

willsandco
18th February 2015, 15:00
I have sent a private message to Andrew MNDA to see if he thinks there is any mileage in it! From little acorns, mighty oaks grow! This all started with a private conversation with Daithedragon. Amazing! x Joycie

Terry
18th February 2015, 16:40
Good idea Joycie;

Cc, it was not my idea, I was just agreeing with a lady, "Treelover".

I have had a spare lightwriter at times and I have given it to people to various people, young and older to talk to me with. Whilst they tried hard and coped quite well they was so surprised of how they had to think when writing to say something.

Cc, if you used one you would get in a lot less trouble.

Love Terry

Springtime
18th February 2015, 17:00
Joycie I think it's an excellent idea. I like CC would have to use the tape or else I'd forget and start jabbering. X

Queenie
18th February 2015, 18:15
Brilliant idea :)

ccinjersey
18th February 2015, 18:19
LOL Surprisingly Terry I’m not going to disagree with you on this one. You may be right, a little tape just might keep me out of trouble on both sides of the pond !! Lmao :)

Agree, a brilliant idea to raise awareness to this illness Joycie. Honestly, I think most people would struggle to make it thru the day without speaking which would really bring home just one of the devastating effects of this illness.

CCxox

berdbrain
19th February 2015, 21:06
What a great idea.....I could do it with my students at college to raise awareness........I agree with CC I wold need the tape across my mouth...maybe we could get some MND tape like 'police tape' instead of 'police tape do not cross the line' we could have:
'MND ...Shut your mouth, open your wallet for MND.
We could do it for 1 hour or 24 and raise money by the hour....you are clever Joycie....I'm inspired by this....let's make it work, then we are raising awareness and that can only be good....look at Pete's post about people not responding to him but talking to his wife or daughter instead, we'd be raising awareness on all levels.
Come on Andrew help us out.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx£££££££Debbie£££££££OOOOO

Anne425
19th February 2015, 22:33
Great idea Joycie - count me in.

Anne

pacer1971
19th February 2015, 23:31
Hello girls
Can I volunteer my wife for a trial run. Somebody will have to explain it to her taping the mouth up I mean.
I will book myself in for a hearing test at the end of lent.

Cheers
Darryl

willsandco
20th February 2015, 09:36
I have had a lovely reply from Andrew. He is sending it on to fundraising and he will let me know. Will keep you all In the loop. Joycie

crackers
20th February 2015, 10:03
I think the two of you have cracked on a jem . If the MNDA do not go for it perhaps one of our Pals who are very obviously effected by MND a la Stephen or even the great man himself might front a YOU TUBE/ FACEBOOK etc campaigns . Who knows if it goes viral we may be looking at an Ice Bucket Challenge again. The time is right!!

Great work

Kelvin

willsandco
20th February 2015, 13:19
I have got some really positive posts from all you guys and gals and also facebook feedback. I am just waiting for Andrew to come back to me. Of course there are complications because professionally the world cannot come to a standstill eg you couldn't do it in medicine could you or in life threatening situations? There must be a way around it. I don't want just crowds of people gathering in groups of silence outside parliament. I want everyone who can to have a go wherever they are whatever they are doing It is more realistic if you just can't communicate with everyday things. Thank god for predictable by therapy! I would go insane otherwise!

DaiTheDragon
20th February 2015, 13:41
Some people will have a job keeping quiet for an hour.can you imagine a family of 4 and the mother decides not to talk all Saturday.
I hope this does catch on because taking my voice away is cruelest thing mnd could do to me.
David

Springtime
20th February 2015, 13:50
I will definitely be the one to be climbing the walls after an hour I do like to talk yer know. However it's a great idea and perhaps Joycie shops and offices could have a shut it chair where they took it in turns to sit on it for so long and possibly even pubs could have a shut it chair or pay a forfit I think it could be good fun at the same time as raising funds and awareness. As always Joycie you are an amazing lady xx

willsandco
20th February 2015, 13:50
Well David. This is you and me doing this. Upwards and onwards. Xx. Joycie

willsandco
20th February 2015, 13:55
Spring that is a Good idea Yes - a shut it chair ........... People think it is easy to stay silent but it isn't. I certainly could never have done it a year ago. I was the noisiest soul on the entire planet. Keep the suggestions coming in. Just waiting for feedback from fundraising. Andrew said it has been raised before for a sponsored silence and it is problematic but there must be a way around it. Love. Joycie xx

miranda
20th February 2015, 19:09
I can't shut up yet! 99.9% of what I say can't be understood but I find it impossible to give up trying! Just me continuing to be stubborn.

willsandco
20th February 2015, 20:18
I do try to say odd things Like yes and no and strangely enough, ice cream. People can get that quite clearly I give in most of the time though and just use iPad and charades and the odd sign language (Peter likes my two fingered one especially when I use it in the middle of town!). We have much less contretemps now between us now I don't try to speak because that caused great frustrations. I suppose we have just accepted the situation. Difficult, very difficult! Joycie c

Tikitiboo?
20th February 2015, 21:36
Absolutely inspired Joycie .... Let's hope it comes to fruition.

Love to all of you out there
Anna

ccinjersey
21st February 2015, 15:20
I’m going to give it a go Joycie!!

I really want to fully feel, experience, and understand what my beloved friend as well as forum friends experience every moment of every day without a voice, just one of the devastating effects of this illness.

Starting tomorrow at 9am to 9pm I’m placing hospital tape in an ‘x’ over my mouth for 12 hours straight will only take it off to eat, and drink. I also brought home a hospital mask to put over the tape for my outside adventures. Which I must admit already contemplating it has me anxious, and a little panicky, but I’m committed to doing it.

When I told my family about your concept Joycie of placing tape to have no voice to bring more awareness to this illness they were blown away by this idea. My son said ‘ If you could get some celebrities to tape their mouths up it will become like the IBC’ he may be right ?

Will let you know how my day goes…I don’t know how to raise money by doing this tomorrow, but it’s something I want to really feel and understand.

CCxox

Springtime
21st February 2015, 16:05
I would like to think that nobody reading this will try and jump on this idea, as Joycie thought of it first !!! lol mxx

Terry
21st February 2015, 16:45
Benny will be pleased Cc;

You can use your I pad or smart phone, just ask, oh no you can't. Just write if you want to know what apps.

Super glue would work and be less obvious.

Love Terry

willsandco
21st February 2015, 19:01
Well really it was a joint idea during a chat with daithedragon. Xx. Joycie x

ccinjersey
21st February 2015, 19:10
LOL Yes, super crazy glue Terry should do the trick for my mouth!! But I’m afraid it would require a hospital procedure to unglue myself! Ouch !! I’ll stick with tape thank you J

Amazing!! I just raised $225 dollars towards your cause Joycie! My hubby (Terry’s friend Benny lol) told me if I actually can do it for the whole 12 hours he’ll donate $100 to ALS foundation, my three kids said they would be up another $100 together as well ! (I secretly think is a payoff to keep me quiet, but I’ll take it and holding them to every penny of it!)

The other $25 came from a friend who I had plans to have lunch with tomorrow. At first I planned to call her, and cancel lunch, but realized if it did that I would be defeating the entire purpose of experiencing real life situations without the ability to speak. I then decided to call her out of courtesy to let her know in advance about this als awareness no voice campaign of Joycie and David's, and let her know I would only be able to communicate via my cell phone.

This friend knows my beloved friend with mnd, and thought it was brilliant idea and actually asked in a puzzled voice ‘Is this like another IBC thing for Lou Gehrig disease??’ So I said ’Yeah, kind of, sort of’ she then said she would like to donate $25, but disappointingly thought we should cancel lunch, and reschedule for another time when I can speak again.

I thanked her for the donation, and realized when I hung up the phone with her , I had just experienced a very small moment of those living with this illness experience quite often, without a piece of tape or even walking out my front door…a friend deciding not to spend time with me.

I think this idea of David & Joycie could bring a very profound awareness.

CCxox

Terry
21st February 2015, 21:01
I'm a thinking that Benny will be on your case tomorrow and his money is safe. You're need some strong tape.

From small Acorns (David & Joycie) well, I forgot the rest.

Love to be there for it, Terry

ccinjersey
21st February 2015, 21:17
LOL I'll sit on my hands if I have to Terry, that tapes not coming off, and I'm taking his money! :)

xoxox

john
21st February 2015, 22:01
Mighty oak trees grow.

willsandco
21st February 2015, 22:12
It is a great idea but we have to wait for MNDA fundraising to have a say. Or can we just go ahead and just ask people to donate

willsandco
21st February 2015, 22:26
Thank you all for your optimism and thanks cc for actually going out and doing it! David, if it goes viral and it very well could with all the interest in mnd with the icebucket challenge and the Stephen hawking film , you and I will be famous! Are you up for that now? Love. Joycie xx

Terry
21st February 2015, 22:38
I don't think that even the Mnda will prosecute you if you give them money.

Get on and do it, Terry

PS:- thanks John

ccinjersey
21st February 2015, 23:11
Get on and do it :)

When I collect the $225 Joycie & David, (and I will Terry lol) I’m donating it to the ALS Guardian Angels organization. A non profit charity that puts the money right into the hands of patients with als to help with whatever they may need in living with this illness, it does not go to Research.

Time and tide waits for no man :)

xoxo

willsandco
22nd February 2015, 07:54
I have been thinking about it overnight. Does anyone know how you get the authority to text number for the appeal?

willsandco
22nd February 2015, 08:26
I have looked on text giving page It seems relatively easy for me and daithedragon to initiate. I am going to ask Peter to ring fundraising MNDA tomorrow and see if there are any technicalities Will keep you all in the loop X

DaiTheDragon
22nd February 2015, 12:08
Thank you for all your interest in this. I would like to thank Joycie for getting the ball rolling, I am not good at that sort of thing.
I really hope this makes people aware of just one of the thing that we have to endure. Don't forget it's hard for the careers as well trying to understand what we are saying or understanding a gesture or even waiting for someone to type it out, especially when your dyslexic like me.
A friend who visits me still talks loud and slow, I don't have the heart to tell my brain is not damaged, but she means well.
Thank you
David

Springtime
22nd February 2015, 12:25
,David, Joycie you are both fantastic. Hugs. And David that made me titter when you said about your friend that talks loud and slow. I could just imagine your face, maybe she thinks your a bit gar gar really put the poor lady out of her misery and tell her your brain is doing fine. X

willsandco
22nd February 2015, 12:51
We were in the bank yesterday with a lovely young male cashier to sort out my on line banking pin cos I was locked out of it. Peter explained I couldn't speak but I was making announcements from my iPad. He was asking Peter for my mothers maiden name and details of direct debits. Peter didn't have a scoobies but still he ignored me as if I had lost my marbles! In the end. I typed out. "I can't speak and that is really bad. But being silent doesn't make me mad! Please conduct this conversation with me - it is my bank account, not peters!" He apologised and all was well. Why do people assume that just because circumstances have robbed you of your voice, it has robbed you of your mental faculties as well. The world needs educating! You and me, Daithedragon! We will educate them! We are on the phone to MNDA fundraising tomorrow to discuss any issues they might have and then we are going live! Watch this space. And we are looking at you all to share, share and share it with everyone you can. Though people will have to buy their own tape! Love. Joycie. X
Y

Candle
22nd February 2015, 13:09
Mum lost her voice before diagnosis and for a while used a notepad before progression took that too. I've kept the notepad and can see occasions where she asked nurses questions and they wrote the answers.

It must be incredibly frustrating to be treated differently because you can't speak and people assuming you're unable to hear or understand only adds to that.

I wonder how I would have reacted had I been confronted with the same scenario before coming to understand even a little about MND.

DaiTheDragon
22nd February 2015, 13:21
I have a Bluetooth loudspeaker I use with my iPad and when the volume is turned up believe me every one can hear it.
Did you know you can't swear in predictable, that is unless you know the secret
David

GrannieAnnie
22nd February 2015, 13:40
Wow so much info. Yes Joycie my dentist has the same trouble with talking to Tim about my treatment with me sitting in the chair!! Tim did straighten him out (nicely) and he blustered a bit about wanting to tell both of us! The second visit he found tricky and was relieved when we left!!!! I now have a mouth guard to help stop the biting of my lips. I thought it a bit pricey and realised I could have gone to a sports shop and bought the simple gum shield and then moulded it to my mouth, but the one that required a mortgage fits beautifully and so I don't feel as tho I may swallow it!!! It seems to work well at night. Hopefully I won't need the dentist for a while. A xx

ccinjersey
22nd February 2015, 13:45
15 more minutes Joycie and David and I will be silent till 9 pm tonight. My hubby has been walking around with a smile on his face since he woke up. He said he thinks it’s a fantastic idea, commends me for giving it a go, but swears I won’t make it till 9pm. I told him just be ready to put his money where his mouth is lol

Ok now the truth…sssh just between us. I’m a total wreck at this moment! I really am trying to stay calm and cool and probably would be more relaxed over it if I intended to just stay home and let the time pass till this evening. For me though I know that’s not the reality of this illness, and not how my beloved friends goes about living with it.

I have a nail salon appointment at 10 am that I thought about cancelling a million times! But I won’t, again defeating the purpose. I wrote up an index card that simply says ‘ALS/Lou Gehrig Disease Awareness - no voice’ which I will hold up when someone speaks to me. I have some food shopping to do, but that one should be easier I won’t need to speak to anyone, I need gas which I have to speak to gas attendant, I think I will hold off on getting the gas till tomorrow though.

I’m also completely shocked how I’m sitting here filled with dread, and anxiety over all these simple things I do so easily and never even given a thought to.

I guess it really is ‘Awareness‘…brilliant concept Joycie & David.

Ok… tape is calling…tape is mandatory, no way I could do it without it…ttyl :)

xoxo

willsandco
22nd February 2015, 13:57
That is great cc. Let us know how you get on. I have Peter for much of the time for "my voice".but I am never scared to get out there on my own with a pad and pen or the iPad. It is a whole new world though ! Love. Joycie. Xx

Springtime
22nd February 2015, 14:46
Hi cc, good luck xx

ccinjersey
23rd February 2015, 12:15
An extremely difficult challenge. The bucket of ice water was only a momentary discomfort compared to this.

For me, I wanted to do it for personal reasons. I could go on about my struggles thru out the day especially leaving my home alone, but I won’t because I feel it would be very disrespectful to those suffering with this horrendous illness, and have to live with every day when I only put tape over my mouth for 12 hours.

Interestingly, once the tape went on my dogs were the first to immediately notice, and seemed alarmed. They jumped on me one after another frantically trying to sniff the tape. My one dog jumped back and started barking at me incessantly as if he was yelling at me! I couldn’t believe his reaction! So strange? I also couldn’t yell back at him to stop barking.

I will tell you this though, at a certain point the tape felt like a form of bondage, and really started effecting me physically, and psychologically. Around 5 pm I felt severe anxiety coming on. I became dizzy, lightheaded, and felt like I wanted to throw up. Had my husband, kids, and friend not offer up that donation money as my incentive I would have not been able to continue, by 5pm I reached my limit. Had I not used the tape though I would not have been able to do it. I made a cup of tea that helped calm me down, and drank it in silence. It did help me endure the rest of the hours ahead while I silently watched the Oscars.

Joycie and David in my opinion to possibly get this awareness campaign off the ground you might want to have a group of people do it together to kick it off. Maybe some local publicity as well to help spotlight it and get the message out. Especially in light of the IBC and with the hope of the promising GM6 drug needing approval.

To those of you that endure the inability to speak, I can only say this… I literally don’t have the adequate words to express what it felt like all those hours to me not able to have my voice. To know you ‘manage’ (if that is the correct word ?) to do this every moment of every day, combined with the other symptoms that come with this illness like loss of mobility, it seems humanly impossible to me. Inner strength, and inner fortitude is all I can think of that maybe we come equipped with to cope with when faced with such adversity. God bless you all, and my prayers are even louder now for a cure.

CC xoxoxoxoxo

willsandco
23rd February 2015, 13:29
That is just great. Cc. I have left a message for fundraising to ring me. Peter will talk to them. I have typed him out a very detailed message. You did well there! Thanks so much. Xx. Joycie

DaiTheDragon
23rd February 2015, 13:44
That was very brave of you CC and I admire you very much for what you have done. As you have found out the hard way it's not easy.
When you are in a group it is almost impossible to to be heard.
Thank you very much
David

willsandco
23rd February 2015, 14:48
David. I am just composing you an email. For everyone else. I have heard from Andrew and he will make sure that a member of the fund raising tem contact Peter and speak to him about help setting up a page and promoting the event He says they are considering a new mass participation fund raising event so you never know they may decide on KEEP IT TAPED. Peter has got a report of what to ask them and I have composed a poem to start it off. Realistically, we could launch today but I feel the need to have the courtesy to notify the fundraising team in Northampton before we do that. Rock on, Daithedragon! Xx

Springtime
23rd February 2015, 15:21
Brilliant News, another step in the right direction Joycie. xx

DaiTheDragon
23rd February 2015, 15:28
Exited
David

Springtime
23rd February 2015, 15:32
CC I have just read your post which was extremely thought provoking to say the least. We take so much for granted don't we, and THINK we can imagine how hard it must be, but actually taping up really drives the message home. I have had a little go,(and it was only a trial) and am alright when I'm busy but when there is a conversation going on I feel anxious and getting extremely irritated with people because they are saying things I may not agree with or I wanted to participate in the discussion. I am sure there are so many other emotions that kick in. xxxxx

An extremely difficult challenge. The bucket of ice water was only a momentary discomfort compared to this.

For me, I wanted to do it for personal reasons. I could go on about my struggles thru out the day especially leaving my home alone, but I won’t because I feel it would be very disrespectful to those suffering with this horrendous illness, and have to live with every day when I only put tape over my mouth for 12 hours.

Interestingly, once the tape went on my dogs were the first to immediately notice, and seemed alarmed. They jumped on me one after another frantically trying to sniff the tape. My one dog jumped back and started barking at me incessantly as if he was yelling at me! I couldn’t believe his reaction! So strange? I also couldn’t yell back at him to stop barking.

I will tell you this though, at a certain point the tape felt like a form of bondage, and really started effecting me physically, and psychologically. Around 5 pm I felt severe anxiety coming on. I became dizzy, lightheaded, and felt like I wanted to throw up. Had my husband, kids, and friend not offer up that donation money as my incentive I would have not been able to continue, by 5pm I reached my limit. Had I not used the tape though I would not have been able to do it. I made a cup of tea that helped calm me down, and drank it in silence. It did help me endure the rest of the hours ahead while I silently watched the Oscars.

Joycie and David in my opinion to possibly get this awareness campaign off the ground you might want to have a group of people do it together to kick it off. Maybe some local publicity as well to help spotlight it and get the message out. Especially in light of the IBC and with the hope of the promising GM6 drug needing approval.

To those of you that endure the inability to speak, I can only say this… I literally don’t have the adequate words to express what it felt like all those hours to me not able to have my voice. To know you ‘manage’ (if that is the correct word ?) to do this every moment of every day, combined with the other symptoms that come with this illness like loss of mobility, it seems humanly impossible to me. Inner strength, and inner fortitude is all I can think of that maybe we come equipped with to cope with when faced with such adversity. God bless you all, and my prayers are even louder now for a cure.

CC xoxoxoxoxo

willsandco
23rd February 2015, 17:42
I presume you meant to type "excited", didn't you, David. Don't exit for goodness sake, you are my co conspirator with all this Ha! Ha! x

Springtime
23rd February 2015, 19:07
We are all looking to you both to organise us all with this and point us in the right direction. Xx

DaiTheDragon
23rd February 2015, 21:36
Definitely excited. Between I am dyslexic, can't wear my glasses with my usual mask, it's a wonder I get anything right.
Just tell me what to do boss��

David

willsandco
23rd February 2015, 21:47
We are just waiting for MNDA fundraising to ring Peter and discuss the best way forward. They have much more experience than we do. Then watch this space! I have a real buzz about it too, David. Love. Joycie. Xxx

ccinjersey
23rd February 2015, 23:37
Thank you David that really humbles me coming from you. Indeed, not easy to say the least. For those not effected my this illness that plan to rise up, and meet this challenge I have no doubt the message you and Joycie are trying to achieve will hit home with a profound enlightenment.

And please don't leave out the 'c' next time David Lol If I wasn't allowed to leave you can't either, I think it's in the rules somewhere :)

Fantastic news Joycie, and looking forward to hearing your poem :)

Hey Zip I just might nominate you next to give it a go! You know like the IBC…you had to pass it on…lol

CCxox

willsandco
24th February 2015, 17:03
Just had a phone call from Sarah. She is emailing me a link for justgiving and hopefully over the next 24 hours we will be live. I have a lovely friend flying over from Spain this evening and she will give me a hand. We are on a roll, David. Xx

DaiTheDragon
24th February 2015, 17:54
Getting ready for lift off.
One small step for mankind with mnd

David

willsandco
24th February 2015, 21:34
For all of you on facebook it is launched. I have Just pressed the button. I am just going to check it out. Next post will let you see the poem that accompanied it. Xx

willsandco
24th February 2015, 21:58
It is live now, David. Don't know how it will go though!

It goes like this

We are doing this to raise awareness for MNDA because MND robs us of our ability to communicate

"KEEP IT TAPED" FOR MND
For those of us who have no voice
Cos MND's taken it away
We're throwing down a challenge
"Keep it taped " for us today!

We reckon folks don't understand
Aren't aware of the problems we face
So just for a while we want you to try
And put yourselves in our place!

So will you tape your mouths up
For an hour or maybe more
And completely cease from speaking
Till you can't take any more!

Then perhaps you can donate
Some cash to MNDA
To help fund communication devices
To help us through our silent days

Go on, have a go!
Get hold of some tape!
Seal up your mouths and see how difficult it is!
It isn't as easy as you think!

THIS IS A JOINT ENTERPRISE WITH DAVID DAWNEY, WHO IS ALSO SUFFERING WITH BULBAR ONSET MND

The blurb that accompanies the facebook page says

"We both feel so strongly that the world and his wife have little understanding of the problems we face, day after day, night after night, because we can't make ourselves understood"

Put on the tape - give it a go!

Joycie Somerville (Williams)

Rachel
24th February 2015, 22:28
Well done Joycie and David. Will get this out on my FB. My young lads have tweeted Tom Cassell who is currently raising money for MND research - he may spot it! Let's hope it rolls.......
Best wishes
Rachel

willsandco
24th February 2015, 22:32
Thanks Rachel. We need people to share it on Facebook. I have loads of contacts and if they all share we might get results. Xx

ccinjersey
25th February 2015, 01:58
Bravo to both of you!!!

Lets hope it takes off with a big bang like the IBC. It certainly will bring a profound awareness to those that give it a go.

Fantastic poem Joycie !! :)

Publicity Joycie is key! It needs to be spotlighted to the public to have it's own voice...a radio station, a newspaper...etc..

xoxox

ccinjersey
26th February 2015, 14:40
Joycie, David can you post the facebook link about 'Taped Up' for those that don't have facebook ?

CCxox

willsandco
26th February 2015, 17:01
https://www.justgiving.com/joycie-Somerville/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_content=joycie-Somerville&utm_campaign=pfp-share

Here is the justgiving link.

Haven't done much about this as we have visitors here at the moment.

Lots of love to all

Joycie

Steve
26th February 2015, 17:21
you're going to have to up your target.

Steve
26th February 2015, 17:24
do you have the facebook link? lets get it viral.

willsandco
26th February 2015, 17:29
Thanks Steve for a phenomenal donation. I am going to contact local media next week. Just a bit tied up with visitors this week xx. Joycie

bakeit Forum