PDA

View Full Version : Our Dear Gerald

ccinjersey
19th February 2015, 00:38
So sorry to inform you all, our dear Gerald passed away this morning around 5:30 am in the arms of his beloved daughter.

A gentle, beautiful heart and soul of a man I have come to know thru words and heartfelt emotions shared in conversations an ocean apart, and one I regret I will never meet in this life :( :( :(

CC xox

ccinjersey
19th February 2015, 01:25
In memory of Gerald. I believe we all do go to that better place of a paradise filled with pure love and joy :)
CC xox

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xXkB-ncF2gCached

john
19th February 2015, 02:17
So sorry to get this news CC. His family certainly have a lot to bear. I hope they find strength and peace in the time ahead. He lived not far from me and said he would come and visit. Sadly that will never happen.

John

pete
19th February 2015, 10:02
Morning folks,
Another loss to our extended family, my sincere condolences go to his family ,I enjoyed reading his posts and he will be missed by many on the forum. May he rest in peace.

Pete

Ciaramcmc
19th February 2015, 10:21
Rip

Davec
19th February 2015, 10:25
So sorry to learn of this!
Rip Gerald
Dave and Sharyn

Terry
19th February 2015, 11:39
A great lose to us and I guess everyone that knew him.

Terry

thebeautywithin
19th February 2015, 12:00
Thank you for all of your kind words
Drowning with grief ��

njm
19th February 2015, 12:25
I took a minute's silence on reading this. And contemplated on the loss of a warrior against MND. Heartfelt condolences to his loved ones.

Charles

Ellie
19th February 2015, 12:31
Gerald was such a lovely, kind, compassionate gentleman.
I'm sure he died thinking of his beloved Christine and Jo.
RIP our friend, we'll miss you.

willsandco
19th February 2015, 14:15
That is such sad news. Gerald was a lovely man. His posts were so sincere and so genuine and it was evident he adored Christine and Jo. His initial posts to me in March 2014 were so welcoming and I felt I knew him.. I am just sending on my sincere condolences to all his family and friends. We will miss you so much, Gerald. RIP

Barry52
19th February 2015, 16:03
So sorry to hear we have lost another warrior. Sincere condolences to Gerald's family and may he rest in peace.

DaiTheDragon
19th February 2015, 16:34
Such sad news. RIP Gerald

David

miranda
19th February 2015, 16:57
So sorry to hear this.

Springtime
19th February 2015, 18:47
Rest in peace your suffering is over Gerald.

Jan
19th February 2015, 19:16
Very sad RIP Gerald

berdbrain
19th February 2015, 21:53
A lovely man, always thoughtful posts with really good suggestions, I am so sorry for your loss, you will be drowning in grief, I only knew him from his posts so in the flesh I bet he was just the best Father....once again so sorry but he will be watching over you and he is without pain now,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDebbiexxxxxxooo

Lycanthrope
20th February 2015, 00:53
So sad to hear the news about Gerald. Condolences to his loved ones. Becky x

crackers
20th February 2015, 11:26
There are times of great sorrow and grief, and this now we share with you. The love that Gerald gave will help to heal and give you strength again.

Kelvin

Alig2014
20th February 2015, 13:06
Very sad news.

Thoughts are with your family RIP

Alison

Seriouslypinkchick
24th February 2015, 03:41
What a lovely bloke rip Gerald you will be missed xxx I remember joining the forum last year when my dad was diagnosed with mnd he was so kind and understanding big hugs to all his family x xx

Night walker
24th February 2015, 06:47
RIP Gerald, so sad you have gone. xxx

thebeautywithin
25th February 2015, 19:49
Seriously pink chick
Dad had your email address in his address book. Wondered who it was.
He made a lot of friends on here.
Thank you all for your kind words.
Dads funeral is on Monday afternoon. X

Bilando
3rd March 2015, 13:07
Just to reflect how popular Gerald was the church at St Marks , Marske was full. It's a large church that was packed. His old colleagues from Cleveland police were there in numbers with his police helmet on the coffin. Christine was able to attend being pushed down the aisle in a wheelchair. I hope that Christine and Jo were touched by the turnout reflecting how well respected Gerald was and giving Ged a good send off.

Terry
3rd March 2015, 13:33
Not surprised Bilando, he was so radiant here on the forum.

Thanks for that, Terry

berdbrain
3rd March 2015, 19:30
The funeral is another milestone, an opportunity for everyone to pay their respects and show how loved a person like Gerald was. I hope that has warmed your heart 'the beauty within' but oh how lonely you must be
I am sorry for your loss
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDebbieXXXXXOOO

ccinjersey
3rd March 2015, 23:39
Thanks for sharing that Bilando.

Gerald’s generous spirit, kindhearted words, and great sense of humor sailed across an ocean. His words often moved, advised, and supported me that went beyond mnd, and my dear friend. I felt sincerely honored, and privileged he considered me his friend, and shared his thoughts, and emotions with me on matters that were most near, and dear to his heart.

Gerald, and I continued our conversations even as his illness progressed. What moved me so deeply was that even as his body was succumbing to his illness his thoughts, and heart remained solely devoted to his family. A great testimony to the amazing man, father, and husband he was. Gerald shared with me the incredible magical Christmas his daughter Jo made for all of his family. He also knew it was his last, and was so thrilled, and happy that it was so special and wonderful.

This forum is indeed a unique, and very special place to be even in it’s darkest hours. It brings together the human spirit, hearts and minds. Creating unique bonds, and friendships that at one time could never be because of the physical boundaries.

I already miss my friend, just over the pond. Much love and comfort goes out to Jo, and his family during the difficult days ahead.

CCxoxo

Cookewitch
12th March 2015, 13:11
I've just returned from New Zealand and seen this news. I'm gutted. Gerald was a huge support to me when caring for my Dad.....I'll miss him. Much love to his family and friends x

bakeit Forum