PDA

View Full Version : Dorking Rugby Club

Candle
2nd March 2015, 23:44
Just watched them "singing" for MND. Wouldn't it be wonderful if this was another fast moving fundraiser? See MNDA Facebook page if you haven't already. Brilliant!

Terry
8th March 2015, 18:21
Sorry for not replying but as I didn't see them or know what they sung about, it's hard to comment.

I do agree that a Mnd worded song, sang at full volume by a rugby team might work.

If you could provide a link to the event, etc it would make it easier for us to comment.

I have started a few good informative threads and not had any response. It is a bit like you have no mates and quite demoralizing .

Regards Terry

PS:- David might say that is just because they're nonsense, bless him. LOL

DaiTheDragon
8th March 2015, 18:34
You don't have to bless me Terry, I will wait for someone in higher authority to do that.

David

Candle
8th March 2015, 18:34
Thanks Terry

I spotted it on the MNDA Facebook page and challenged my local rugby club but sadly no response from them (yet!). Sorry I can't provide a link. Any fundraising is welcome as far as I'm concerned - better in the MNDA coffers than out.

They were singing a John Denver classic rather than an MND-related song, although they did mime a verse to show the difficulties faced if you lose your voice. They were challenging other clubs to get involved.

Billy (!)

Nettie B
8th March 2015, 18:38
Don't worry candle. A lot of us just flick through the titles of threads, see if it rocks their boat or not then choose what to read. If I had realised what your thread had in it I would have read it too. The only reasons that I didnt are that I'm ignorant and don't even know where Dorking is and that I have a lifelong lack of interest in sport of any kind. Maybe I shouldn't be so rash and in deciding what I read or not. Heartfelt apologies! X Nettie.

Terry
8th March 2015, 18:51
Hi Billy;

John Denver, that takes me back, I used to sing that out in my car with my four year old on long trips when I was building my house. He got quite good at singing them, but sadly he did not continue.

Terry

john
9th March 2015, 00:37
http://youtu.be/WRWz9XCjYDY

Terry
9th March 2015, 12:00
Thanks John for the link;

I wonder if Joycie could rewrite the words to Annie's song to reflect life with Mnd and get them to sing it?

Love Terry

bakeit Forum