PDA

View Full Version : The TV thread.

rog
28th December 2010, 03:21
Have you watched anything good on TV lately that you want to share, or talk about?

If you post a new program, why not post a link to where it can be found streaming on-line?

SGD
28th December 2010, 08:59
Not sure I can post a link, far too confusing for this Luddite, but came across the film "Me and Orson Welles" and really enjoyed it

Jenni
29th December 2010, 00:02
I'm catching up on Supernatural at the mo, although I keep being told to watch Dexter, the US crime drama.

On British TV, I have to confess that I've been loving 'Miranda', with Miranda Hart. She's had me creasing up :)

SGD
29th December 2010, 11:12
Like Miranda too, also enjoy "Murdoch Mysteries" on Alibi Tv and "Haven" on Sy Fy (don't know why the channel changed itself from Sci Fi)

rog
29th December 2010, 13:45
I'm catching up on Supernatural at the mo, although I keep being told to watch Dexter, the US crime drama.

On British TV, I have to confess that I've been loving 'Miranda', with Miranda Hart. She's had me creasing up :)

The latest Miranda can be found on the iplayer [for UK residents] http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00x1sx9/Miranda_Series_2_The_Perfect_Christmas/

I really enjoyed the IT Crowd - all 4 series are available for on-line streaming here, - http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-it-crowd/episode-guide

Chris
1st January 2011, 11:24
New series of shameless starts this month :)

rog
3rd January 2011, 19:50
I've never watched that, but have heard good things about it.

Jenni
3rd January 2011, 19:59
I've only just recently started watching The Inbetweeners. The four guys in it remind me of my brother and his three friends at that age so much that its just hilarious.

Chris
3rd January 2011, 20:34
Really fancy watching the in-betweeners, maybe I can get my Polly to by me box set ;)

rog
3rd January 2011, 21:00
Really fancy watching the in-betweeners, maybe I can get my Polly to by me box set ;)

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-inbetweeners/4od

All eps, streaming :)

Chris
30th January 2011, 16:16
Top gear on tonight :)

G60dubber
30th January 2011, 21:33
Just finished watching seasons 1 to 4 of Heroes. Quite good for the most part. Just starting watching The Inbetweeners on 4od, it is so funny and brings back memories of the rubbish we said n did at 6th form too :-)

Jenni
5th February 2011, 20:53
I've recently become totally addicted to Dexter. I watched season 1 last week and season 2 this week, and last night I couldn't sleep so I ended up watching 6 episodes!
The characters are fantastic, well, except for Dexter's sister Debs who just seems to annoy me for some reason!
I've got some more studying to do before bedtime, so if I'm good I'm going to reward myself with an episode or two...or three...or maybe four, lol.

Robyn Copley-Hirst
6th February 2011, 12:07
Debs in the book series is even more annoying...I quite liked her in the later series. I have series 1, 2, 3 and 4...I think it's possibly one of my favourite tv shows ever!

Jenni
10th February 2011, 19:16
I'm halfway through season 3 of Dexter. Debs is quite possibly the worst officer/detective ever! All her 'tips' and 'thoughts' are not her own and she frequently gets the credit for the info that Dexter has put her on to, and her habit of getting erm... 'physically' involved with the wrong people is just amazing. I have to refrain from shouting at her or switching the sound off every time she's on screen, lol.

Jenni
10th February 2011, 19:18
All today, I've been watching the news. I don't usually make a habit of watching too much news as I think it can sometimes get too much for a person, but I'm waiting to hear the news in Egypt and to see whether Mubarak will step down. Its been amazing to see a grass-roots movement become a revolution, and to see the people of Egypt standing up against the government and demanding change. I should imagine I'll have the news on for a few more hours yet.

bakeit Forum