• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John14
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2015

Road Tax

Hello, a question for you, not part of the online quiz.

Does anyone know whether you can claim a refund on road tax when there is 6 months to run on the tax disc but you have only just been awarded PIP mobility at the enhanced rate?

It looks as if this may be possible by taking a Certificate of Entitlement, Vehicle Registration Certificate and possibly insurance and MOT details. Has anyone got any experience of doing this?

thanks,

John14
  • Dude

Am I right in thinking the vehicle can only be used by the PIP claimant or someone using vehicle for claimant's benefit, i.e. going to the chemist etc.

Comment

• pete

Originally posted by Dude View Post
      Am I right in thinking the vehicle can only be used by the PIP claimant or someone using vehicle for claimant's benefit, i.e. going to the chemist etc.
      You are Spot on Dude, The Exemption does come with some restrictions, if it looks to good to be true then it is !!,though in normal use its not a problem,

Comment

• Terry
        Forum Member
        • May 2012

Never knew that and may well forget about it as well. What a stupid rule, an other one.

Love Terry
        TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Dude

Sorry TC. Dude.

Comment

Working...
          X