PDA

View Full Version : Help advice with asking for as taking Oxygen

PoetChristopherRobin
24th July 2011, 14:23
Apparently this Motor Neurone Disease affects breathing as much as the COPD I'm also suffering from, Iím getting a pretty varied mixed reaction to maybe taking oxygen through the night.

Sadly many nights make it hard to breathe am wondering what you all maybe think
Many say it helps them greatly and makes a difference
Others are saying once on oxygen that life is over

I see the MND Doctor on the coming 1st has any one on oxygen any real advice please

xbecky07x
24th July 2011, 16:54
Apparently this Motor Neurone Disease affects breathing as much as the COPD I'm also suffering from, Iím getting a pretty varied mixed reaction to maybe taking oxygen through the night.

Sadly many nights make it hard to breathe am wondering what you all maybe think
Many say it helps them greatly and makes a difference
Others are saying once on oxygen that life is over

I see the MND Doctor on the coming 1st has any one on oxygen any real advice please

Hi I do have some knowledge which may help you but I am currently on my iPhone when I get to a laptop I will reply properly to yOurself. It's gonna be quite a long reply hence why I am not going to attempt to type that on my iPhone, if you want you can pm me and I can give u my number to talk about it if you want maybe easier ok x

wheelchairking
31st July 2011, 09:06
I have been using oxygen for five years. I only need to use it when the air is hot/humid therefore I hardly use it in winter but sometimes 24 hrs in summer. It's use greatly enhances my quality of life. I would suggest that you at least inquire about the possibility of using it. Best of luck.

PoetChristopherRobin
3rd August 2011, 12:51
The MND Doctor is asking the COPD Doctor to bring his appointment forward will let you know what happens

mysisters keeper
5th September 2012, 14:51
my sisters pulmonary doctor said she didn'tneed oxygen because breathing wasn't the issue it was deep breathing so the bipap gives her more relief than oxygen. have you tried a bipap

Gwen
5th September 2012, 22:47
Hi, I wondered if a bipap machine was the same as a ventilator which is what John uses throughout the night and sometimes during the day. He also has COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and has been advised that in his case, oxygen would not be helpful.

MND Connect helpline