PDA

View Full Version : Lets make new friends!

LEC5552003
30th December 2010, 18:03
Hey all!

I am a 25 yr old guy who got diagnosed with PLS MND June this year. Hopefully make sum gd friends on here who really understand wot we all go thru on a daily basis. My legs failed first so standing and transfering is hardest for me, but wot I have fnd harder is my arms now failing badly. I don't know if ne1 here has ever felt like they're alone but especially at my age it is hard to get my head rnd this day to day. Hopefully I will meet sum1else who understands my mental pain in coping with this attrotious disease.

Martin

SGD
30th December 2010, 18:06
Welcome Martin!
Though not sufferring from MND wanted to let you know we're thinking and rooting for you

LEC5552003
30th December 2010, 19:00
Hey thanx gd to hear from u :)

Chris
30th December 2010, 19:19
Hi Martin, welcome ;)

SGD
30th December 2010, 19:19
No probs - the answer might be found in a multi million pound piece of medical equipment, or at the bottom of a 99 pence test tube, but the answer will be found

hope
30th December 2010, 19:43
Hii....just hope we can find the answer soon

LEC5552003
30th December 2010, 20:30
Ye hoping n praying 4 a cure asap. Gotta believe i guess. Any suggestions on how to cope till then r welcome

Graham
30th December 2010, 22:17
Hi Martin,

There are plenty of people here and on the Build-UK site that are firmly on your side, we all hate MND and are commited to fight it.

Being left by fair-weather friends in our routine lives is common, but as you say new ones are to be found. Speak to your local MND Association and arrange for a MND visitor.

PLS dx is not as aggresive as ALS so the doctors say. I am 3 years into PLS turning ALS.

Best wishes

Graham

LEC5552003
31st December 2010, 11:06
I am sorry to hear u have had this disease 3 yrs must be tough going. how bad is it at the moment? The MNDA are arranging a visitor asap.

Graham
31st December 2010, 18:17
Hi Martin,

It is and has been tough. I've had to wind up my business, can't walk, speak clearly, write. Had a crisis of breathing and blue fingers.

In the face of the doctors not holding out much hope, I can see and feel my body recovering, it shouldn't happen but it is.

Use your youth and strength as much as you can to resist. Treatment is closer to hand than ever before.

Best wishes

Graham

LEC5552003
31st December 2010, 20:00
cheers, hang in there too. I can't work now or write either. We have to get better there HAS to be a way! What d u do to keep busy at the moment? Am struggling with losing abilities for my old hobbies.
Take care,

Martin

Jenni
31st December 2010, 23:39
Hi Martin,
Welcome to the forum. What part of Essex are you from? I was born and raised in Basildon before moving to the West Midlands almost 3 years ago.

Jenni

LEC5552003
1st January 2011, 14:50
Hey Jenni,

I am from Saffron Walden. Basildon is a little way frm me I think. Good to meet ya on here, hope to tty more soon,

Martin

Graham
1st January 2011, 23:10
Hi Martin,

I am fascinated by software, electronics, integrated systems on which my business is based. I find myself being similarly interested by MND, in which I have a stake!

Best wishes

Graham

Bonneville Girl
2nd January 2011, 01:18
Hi Martin,

Good to stay +ve. Like you I'm struggling day to day to support my mum and dad. Keep looking for that special someone - they will appear.
take care
Lesley

LEC5552003
2nd January 2011, 18:13
Ye Graham, I have a new intrest in the eyegaze system n similar systems since speaking to Sarah on here. These systems seem incredible to me, also wanna try 4 getting the system linked to ipads to continue drumming.
I hope Lesley that that special sumone will appear still. So do u care for u're mum n dad or r u suffering n unable to provide n care for them as u wud like to. I feel quite a burden to my family and friends when doing things like taking decorations dwn.

Martin

Bonneville Girl
2nd January 2011, 20:42
Hi Martin,
Dad is recently diagnosed with ALS. He's in hospital at the moment whilst we make some changes to the house - the holiday season hasn't helped either, most people aren't back at work until Tuesday.
I'm lucky to have a very good relationship with my mum and dad and help them all I can, but it is difficult to know that you're not going too far, or doing too little. As for you, I am sure that your family and friends will let you know if they mind doing those types of chores for you. For me, it's great to help and share the decorating.

take care and be happy
Lesley

LEC5552003
2nd January 2011, 20:50
Aww ye Lesley I have this same prob with things stopping over the hols, Tuesday is wot I keep getting for rehousing, care setups, more adaptations. I am sure u do a grand job 4 ya dad.

Martin

Graham
5th January 2011, 17:59
Hi Martin,

My favourite spoof horror movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wylpeAXYcBQ

Top reggae artist of the Carribean, 90s & 00s, a real colourful character!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi4ll8WZ9pY

Enjoy.

Graham

LEC5552003
6th January 2011, 14:01
Hey Graham,

thats sum funky stuff u're into, am more of a sci fi fan maself, apart from the American pie films lol. Music wise I love Nightwish who are symphonic metal, well worth youtubing. Used to love a gd rave with hard house, trane n dance maybe sum techno, still like the music, raving is sadly off the cards now tho,

Martin

Jenni
6th January 2011, 14:50
Hooray for Nightwish :)

I posted their version of 'Walking In The Air' here: http://forum.mndassociation.org/showthread.php?52-Song-Title-Game

LEC5552003
6th January 2011, 18:48
AWESOME! Love that song n their version just works so well! Have u seen them live ever?

Jenni
7th January 2011, 11:48
I've not seen them live, and only actually discovered them about 6-8 months ago, but they're fab. Very different from most bands around. I'm usually into Metallica, G'n'R, Rage Against The Machine, Apocalyptica, Nine Inch Nails etc but Nightwish are really very good.

LEC5552003
7th January 2011, 21:20
Al snds gd stuff, I seen Nightwish twice ive right down at the front, they r out of this world, highly recommended.

bakeit Forum