PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Lancashire

Bonneville Girl
2nd January 2011, 01:14
Hi all,
Thought I'd say hello - fishing around for useful info and tips. My dad has been diagnosed with ALS/MND this week.

Lots to learn and lots to do! I live in Blackpool and will be going along to the next Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre meeting on the 11th Jan. If there is anyone else out there in Lancashire just let me know.

Here's to a joyous and prosperous 2011 to all.

Lesley

Jenni
2nd January 2011, 01:20
Hi Lesley,

Welcome to the forum. There are a fair few people on here who have MND as well as those who care for them, so you should be in good company.

Jenni

Chris
2nd January 2011, 10:23
Hi Lesley, welcome ;)

LEC5552003
2nd January 2011, 18:17
Hi Lesley, welcome, hope u find the forum useful and helpful.

Martin

Irene
20th February 2011, 23:31
Hi Lesley,we live in burnley and have contact with the blackpool branch we are friends of peter mathani who helps run the branch hope to see you there one day love to you and your family from Irene and John,whoops forgot to say its John who has mnd xxx

hilary walklett
21st February 2011, 15:53
Hi, to everyone. I've just joined this site - this is the first post. I'm also in North Lancashire, a member of the N.Lancs/S.Cumbria branch this past 11 years (how time flies!)
I have Kennedy's Disease, which is pretty rare. Not sure how many of us in UK but probably not much more than 50: certainly less than 100. It's a genetic thing - my elder brother had it, as did an uncle and I have just heard that my second cousin has it, too.
I know lots of the Blackpool people and our two branches often meet up so I may meet up with you, Lelsey, some time in the future.

SGD
21st February 2011, 19:48
Good evening Hilary!

bakeit Forum