PDA

View Full Version : Powerchair insurance

Hazzle
9th August 2016, 15:40
Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend an insurance company for my first (very expensive :eek:) powerchair. I've found a few companies online but would appreciate any personal recommendations. Thank you

Terry
9th August 2016, 17:25
Hi Hazzle;

You can look at these threads, but one of my post threads won't open up:-

http://forum.mndassociation.org/showthread.php?7088-Wheelchair-Insurance&highlight=Insurance

Why have you bought a wheelchair???

Love Terry

Hazzle
10th August 2016, 19:58
Thanks for the link Terry.
Why have I bought a wheelchair??? Not sure why you've asked that...!

Terry
10th August 2016, 20:24
Hi Hazzle;

I asked this because many of us get one free from the wheelchair service and I wondered what you bought. I do hope that you are aware of this.

I have bought mine because I wanted something that done a lot more than a fairly standard one.

Have you got anywhere with insurance?

Love Terry

Hazzle
10th August 2016, 20:38
Oh, thank you Terry, yes I too wanted something a bit different from the ones on offer via the NHS! After a lot of research and many trial rides, I've chosen a Trekinetic GTE. It's a brilliant innovative design and suits our lifestyle really well. I'm lucky to have a very slowly progressing form of MND so I'm planning on it lasting me a good while.
Haven't decided on insurance yet, they all seem pretty much of a muchness, but bluebadge insurance were very helpful and friendly.

Terry
10th August 2016, 21:25
You worried me Hazzle;

Looks a very interesting chair and it would be nice to have some off road capability. I am told that you can get a grant from the wheelchair service if you buy your own chair but I did not apply.

Keep us upto date on it. How did you choose that one?

Love \Terry

Hazzle
12th August 2016, 10:55
It's pretty awesome off road - I trialled one on the Malvern Hills before committing to it and was mighty impressed. It's really comfy too, holds you nice and snug.
I knew early on in my research that I wanted something for all terrains and that would go in the back of the car, so the field was narrow to begin with, and I saw a manual one at the Science Museum (you can borrow them there for free) some time ago. It's a beautiful wheelchair of beauty, it's British made and the Trekinetic and Beyond the Boundarys (dealership) guys & gals are really helpful.
The build is underway, but I probably won't get it until the autumn :(

njm
16th August 2016, 11:25
It's pretty awesome off road - I trialled one on the Malvern Hills before committing to it and was mighty impressed. It's really comfy too, holds you nice and snug.
I knew early on in my research that I wanted something for all terrains and that would go in the back of the car, so the field was narrow to begin with, and I saw a manual one at the Science Museum (you can borrow them there for free) some time ago. It's a beautiful wheelchair of beauty, it's British made and the Trekinetic and Beyond the Boundarys (dealership) guys & gals are really helpful.
The build is underway, but I probably won't get it until the autumn :(

Hi Hazzle:

I have sent you a private message.

Best

Charles

Purple-pheonix
30th December 2016, 19:36
Hi hazzle,
Ooooo I am in love with the trekinetic chairs!!! I even found an unused k2 on eBay for a fraction of the cost but, I still can't afford it.... yet!
Please let us know how it goes :D

Penwiggle
30th December 2016, 19:36
My best friend really likes the Trekinetic chairs. We also like the philosphy of the inventor, seems like a great person.

Now, to come up with the cash. :/

bakeit Forum