PDA

View Full Version : Cold feet

Chris
5th September 2011, 18:56
My feet seem to be bloody freezing all time! Is this normal? If I do manage get them warm it doesn't last long.

sarahezekiel
5th September 2011, 22:36
It's normal for me! My friend bought me an electric foot warmer last year and it's great. Nothing else warms up my feet. Obviously, can't take it out, but I use it when I get home. I wear UGG boots in winter but still get cold feet.

My friend bought it from Lidl, but I'm sure you can get them from other shops. An electric foot warmer is my tip for winter (and British summers)!

Sarah

Z3 Driver
5th September 2011, 22:40
Hi Chris, its not something i suffer with as yet. But who knows in the future. Hope you ok mate

soniamm
6th September 2011, 02:30
Hi guys wanted ask those of you on Dex trial if u have experienced stomach upsets and dizziness, my son has had both of these since being on the trial, he has the sleepless night problem but just wondered about the other stuff. Feet ok?

Sonia

Z3 Driver
6th September 2011, 10:06
Hi the dizziness might be down to fatigue which i also suffer with, eating regular will help with this. I always try to take the dex with a meal also.

Kevan

Chris
6th September 2011, 10:13
Thanks Sarah the foot warmer sounds a good idea, I've seen them on eBay for about 25. Yea Kev I'm ok cheers.
Sonia, I have the problems with sleep and hot flushes at night, other than that I'm ok.

Batty
6th September 2011, 11:41
Hi Chris, I suffer from cold feet too and put this down to poor circulation due to mobility problems, I find it worse laying down in bed and use microwavable foot warmers. Regards Mark.

Chris
6th September 2011, 21:46
All sorted, collected my electric foot warmer from Argos this afternoon :) feet nice and cosy as we speak!

sarahezekiel
6th September 2011, 21:53
Hi Chris

I'm using mine right now! How much do they cost in Argos? I'm too lazy to check...

Sarah

angnmick
6th September 2011, 21:56
Hi Chris
Sheepskin bed bootees have helped Mick for some time, he calls them his UUG's LOL hope you sort it soon, going through swelled feet at the moment, doc says they are infected but not sure how as no cuts etc, but really bad odema. xx Ang

sarahezekiel
6th September 2011, 22:07
Hi Ang

I'm having trouble with my toes. They've always been curling over but now one has totally bent and it's difficult to get my shoes on. Really upsetting. I have to make an appointment with a podiatrist. I hope that the swelling will go down for Mick.

Best wishes

Sarah xx

Chris
6th September 2011, 22:09
Sarah it was 30 in Argos, they are on eBay for 20 plus 5 postage but I couldn't wait.
Ang, in bed it's not so bad just when I'm sat in recliner.

sarahezekiel
6th September 2011, 22:17
That will be the best 30 you ever spent Chris! I also use mine in the recliner. If I don't my feet will be cold in bed too. Enjoy it!

Sarah

angnmick
7th September 2011, 12:39
Thanks Sarah,

Hope you get your toe sorted soon, and glad Chris has warm feet again. Ang

Jeannie
7th September 2011, 19:10
Hi Sarah,

I am wondering if these toe crest would help with your toe curl problem http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-PACK-GEL-TOE-CRESTS-RELIEF-HAMMER-CLAW-TOE-/180676672176?pt=UK_HealthBeauty_Other_RL&var=&hash=item6fc3e4021d

http://www.mobilitychoices.co.uk/large/PR55039%20TOE%20CRESTS130952.jpg

angnmick
7th September 2011, 20:31
Don't waste your money everyone they are rubbish been there bought the T shirt so to speak, many moons ago now when Mick's toes started with curl and foot drop. Ang

elle
8th September 2011, 01:20
Sounds about right with gp's i was told i had tonsilitis when i had no bloody tonsils mad or what?:mad:

Jeannie
8th September 2011, 08:54
Sorry Sarah, I now recall you buying some toe crests back in 2008 but they weren't any good because you have long toes grrr. back to the drawing board.

Ang, it's a shame they didn't help Mick. I personally haven't tried them, however others have said they work and are able to wear shoes again.

Elle, that is mad lol what did gp say when you said you hadn't got any?

sarahezekiel
8th September 2011, 21:53
Jeannie

You have an incredible memory! I actually went to the orthopedic department at the Royal Free after that. They were absolutely useless and said they couldn't help. Saw my hospice doctor today and he said he'll look into where else I can go. In the meantime, I'm taping my toes together with micropore tape and it's working quite well. Still can't wear normal shoes, only trainers and Uggs, which is ugghhh!!!

Sarah

peepyh
12th September 2011, 13:12
I've always had really cold extremities - Reynaud's syndrome - and now I shake when I'm cold. After summer in Italy I am dreading winter in the UK! I asked my doctor whether Raynaud's and MND were connected - he dismissed the idea, and maybe no causal link. But surely if muscles are wasting, they are doing less and so generating less heat? Does that make biological sense??

MND Connect helpline