• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SBHarley
    • Apr 2024

Cannabis seeds and CBD oil are legal in the UK - please confirm

Hi,
    I have just received a private message from the forum moderator notifying me that my last post how has been removed because:

"To our knowledge the only licensed cannabis product in the UK is Savitex. The link within your post is to a website that operates outside of the UK and sells products in addition to CBD oil that we believe are illegal in the UK."

As far as I am aware, this is incorrect. The website concerned sells only Cannabis seeds and CBD oil (and t shirts, posters and grinders etc), all of which are legal in the UK.

I think it is extremely and urgently important to clear this up, as there is a wealth of information suggesting that cannabis alleviates MND symptoms and may slow progress.
    It is difficult to access legal cannabis in the UK, because of the anti-cannabis lobby which makes doctors reluctant to prescribe Sativex.
    Therefore it is important that people with MND are aware of the legal status of seeds and CBD oil in the UK, so that they can buy oil from sites like the one in the link I had removed.

Please can MND Connect check their facts and reply to me here?
  • Admin_MND
    Forum Administrator
    • Oct 2015

The site link originally posted contains information that relates to the growing of cannabis ( a controlled drug) from the seeds available on the site, which would be an illegal activity. To quote “However, considering the expense and limited choice of available medical cannabis, many patients decide to grow their own”.

It is also illegal to create cannabis oil from the seeds without a license.

Whilst it is fine to discuss the potential benefits, research, how the UK law stands, and previous experiences on the forum, we cannot condone links to external sources which facilitate illegal activity. The post was removed for this reason.

With regards to the law around CBD oil, it is not something we have previously expended resources on, however we have consulted with Frank and have been advised that:

• CBD oil is not banned under the Misuse of Drugs Act
    • Cannabis oil is banned under the Misuse of Drugs Act
    • CBD oil containing more than 0.3% THC is considered a banned substance under the Misuse of Drugs Act

Any forum users investigating such products should ensure that they comply with the above. We are not in a position to validate individual suppliers of such products, and therefore we cannot support reference to such suppliers via the forum.

Regards,
    Forum moderator
    Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm

Comment

• SBHarley

Hi,
      Thank you for the clarification. It is good to know that standard CBD oil ( less than 0.3% THC) is indeed completely legal in the UK.

I was not aware that if a site sold seeds and also advised on how to grow cannabis this would mean the site would be seen to be condoning illegal activity.

However, I have now consulted with Peter Reynolds, the president of Clear - http://www.clear-uk.org/

As you may be aware, Clear is the Cannabis Law Reform group, which campaigns to end the prohibition of cannabis, most urgently for medicinal users.

"CLEAR does not advocate, condone, or encourage breaking the law. It exists to promote a change in the law by legitimate means."

I quote from their report published 17th September 2016:-
      "There is a vast amount of peer-reviewed, published evidence of the safety and efficacy of cannabis as medicine. Much of this arises from research carried out in the USA, the Netherlands and Israel, where medicinal cannabis regulation has been in place for many years.

It is a populist myth, promoted by the Home Office, the press, the BBC and the prohibitionist lobby, that there is no evidence supporting the use of cannabis as medicine."

Read the full report, commissioned in June 2015 by the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Drug Policy Reform (APPG) here: http://www.clear-uk.org/1431-2/

Clear has recommended this UK website as a perfectly legal UK supplier of CBD oil: https://www.cbdoilsuk.com/

I hope this site will meet with the approval of the MNDA, but if for any reason you feel the need to remove the link I would be grateful if you could remove it and mark it LINK REDACTED, rather than deleting my entire post, as I think it is important that forum members see the rest of this post in its entirety.

Once again, I urge the MNDA to join the campaign for the legalisation of medicinal cannabis for MND sufferers.
      Best wishes.

Comment

• Admin_MND
        Forum Administrator
        • Oct 2015

Thank you for this information. We hope it is useful for other forum members.

We are happy to leave the link you provided however must reiterate that the MND Association is not in a position to approve such suppliers or the use of the products they sell.

We would recommend that any forum user considering the use of such products should consult with their GP or relevant healthcare professional before embarking on any treatment.

Kind regards,
        Forum moderator
        Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm

Comment

• Lawrence S. Romero

There is a good deal of confusion about the legal issue of CBD Oil. To my knowledge if there is any trace of THC in any product it is illegal under the Misuse of Drugs Act. Cannabidiol with THC 0.3% has more medicinal value. It is considered as natural medication https://goo.gl/G69jrJ
          Last edited by Guest; 5 March 2017, 12:14.

Comment

• Purple-pheonix

I take CBD oil sold by the CBD brothers, they operate out of mildenhall in norfolk.
            It has no THC so is perfectly legal and is awesome at controlling the twitching and spasming of my muscles. I wouldnt be able to sleep without it.
            My mnd nurse thinks its great for me too take and even wrote down the details.

Comment

• Ali_Chris
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Purple-pheonix View Post
              I take CBD oil sold by the CBD brothers, they
              I also use CBD from CBD brothers. I have been taking it for a while and I have noticed that I can wring my hands now and dry them with a towel. I lost that function a while ago. I was also able to cease using kwells to dry the secretions. I take CBD before bedtime and this dries the secretions nicely.

Comment

• Fru
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2016

Hi, can you tell me which colours do you take and why? You are obviously experiencing some benefit from this. I understand that there are daytime and night time colours. How does this differ from the one you can buy from the well known herbalist? Would you explain this further for me please? Fru

Comment

• Ali_Chris
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2016

Hi Fru. Not sure if you mean me? I use Blue. I used to use Black but it was a bit expensive so moved down to the Blue. Its almost the same strength but grown outside. I dont know anything about daytime and night time. I take 10 drops twice a day.

I dont buy from the known herbalist as I am concerned about quality. CBD Brothers, are reckoned to produce good quality product. There is some talk around that not all CBD's are equal. Some CBD's are sold with just enough CBD for them to be called CBD. I am not taking this in case of. I am taking it as I need the Nuero Protective properties. Does it work? I dont know. But its worth the shot. Its expensive. But not crazy expensive. If you want to know what it does, google it. There is tons about CBD on the Interweb.

Comment

• Fru
                    Forum Member
                    • Sep 2016

Hi Ali_Chris, thanks for your reply I was asking because I believe there is purple too for night time. I didn't know if you took yours at night or in the day. I will do as you suggest and google it up.
                    Best wishes
                    Fru

Comment

• SB1

I recently found out that CBD is currently legal in the UK. I am looking for a place to buy CBD oil or pills for pain relief. Does anyone have any ideas where to buy?

Thanks
                      Saff

Comment

• Terry
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2012

Hi Saff and welcome to the forum;

I don't know where but be very careful if buying through the internet.

Best wishes, Terry
                        TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Ali_Chris
                          Forum Member
                          • Oct 2016

I use CBD Brothers for my CBD. Its good stuff.

Comment

• MNDConnect
                            Forum Moderator
                            • Mar 2016

Dear SB1,

Please refer back to posts #2 and #4 on the thread.
                            Any forum users investigating such products should ensure that they comply with the below statements:
                            • CBD oil containing more than 0.3% THC is considered a banned substance under the Misuse of Drugs Act

We are not in a position to validate individual suppliers of such products, and therefore we cannot support reference to such suppliers via the forum.

We would recommend that any forum user considering the use of such products should consult with their GP or relevant healthcare professional before embarking on any treatment.

Kind regards,
                            Prachi
                            MND Connect
                            Contact us on 0808 802 6262 or at [email protected]

Comment

• SB1

Originally posted by MNDConnect View Post
                              Dear SB1,

Please refer back to posts #2 and #4 on the thread.
                              Any forum users investigating such products should ensure that they comply with the below statements:

We are not in a position to validate individual suppliers of such products, and therefore we cannot support reference to such suppliers via the forum.

Kind regards,
                              Prachi
                              Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                              X