PDA

View Full Version : Mnd clinic Cambridge

Terry
16th October 2017, 12:00
Hi;

I am due to go to the Cambridge Mnd clinic this Thursday and believe it's moved since the last time I went nine months ago.

Is this page out of date? https://www.mndassociation.org/getting-support/care-centres/cambridge/

Can you tell me where to go, now be kind.

Love Terry

MNDConnect
16th October 2017, 12:12
Hi Terry,

The Cambridge MND Clinic now runs out of the Arthur Rank Hospice. The address and directions to this hospice can be found here (http://www.arhc.org.uk/contact-us.asp)

Thank you for making us aware of the out of date page, I will ask for this to be changed.

Best Wishes,

Adele

Terry
16th October 2017, 12:31
Thanks Adele

Rumba
16th October 2017, 18:19
Arthur Rank is a beautiful new building near addenbrookes easy parking and a nice restaurant if you want something to eat. Are you going to the MND meeting in the afternoon ?

Terry
16th October 2017, 19:21
Yes Rumba I'm going all being well;

Will you be there with Jay?

Have you had the tube put in this week?

There is someone else on the forum that could be there, I can't remember their name at the moment.

It is always nice to meet others from the forum.

Might try to book a meal at the hospice.

Love Terry

Rumba
16th October 2017, 20:19
Yes Jay will be driving me there will be lovely to meet you. Tube going in tomorrow

Ellie
16th October 2017, 20:28
Hope all goes well with the tube tomorrow Rumba.
Ellie x.

Terry
16th October 2017, 20:55
I have to own up before we meet on our first date, Rumba;

I don't exactly look like my picture, I had it airbrushed a little bit.

My wife can give Jay a few lessons in securing a wheelchair in a WAV, she does an excellent job.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Love Terry

Nettie B
16th October 2017, 23:13
That was asking for trouble Terry!! (That's answering your initial posting on this thread, for clarification).
Nettie ��

Terry
17th October 2017, 00:05
I just have no idea what you mean, Nettie,

Do you know where to go, then?

Love Terry

Terry
19th October 2017, 00:07
Hi Rumba and Jay,

Hope to see you both tomorrow and the other forum member should be there to.

It would be nice to get a photo of the 4 of us but won't be easy with limited time and wheelchairs. That's if people are happy to have it done and posted.

Love Terry

Rumba
20th October 2017, 14:35
Lovely to meet both Terry and Fru yesterday after meeting on the forum it's always great to put faces to names
Terry has some pics of us he will upload

Fru
20th October 2017, 15:37
Yes, it was really great to meet you Rumba and Terry too. I found the meeting really informative and the speaker from the association was very easy to listen to. I enjoyed the Q&A session afterwards which threw up some very good points for discussion. The Cambridge meetings are incredibly well organised and very well supported XX

Terry
20th October 2017, 21:58
It was lovely that we could all meet up;

From left to right, Jay, Rumba, Joy and me.

It was a good meeting and so nice to talk and communicate.

Love Terry

PS:- At one time I saw someone sitting alone because we had moved away talking. I signed for us to move closer to her so that she could hear what we were saying even if she can't at the moment join in. It's nice to hear what other are talking about even if it is not directly related to you. I am not saying that anyone's at fault but please think of the quite ones, just because they can't communicate much does not mean they don't want to. Mind you they probably don't want to hear what I say.

Bern
20th October 2017, 22:41
Hi Terry and gang,

Lovely to see you all as real people - ha ha!
It must be nice to meet people from the forum.
I haven’t been to any of my area meetings yet. I will have to make a determined effort to do so.

Bern x

Rumba
21st October 2017, 12:33
[QUOTE=Terry;76581]It was lovely that we could all meet up;

Love Terry

PS:- At one time I saw someone sitting alone because we had moved away talking. I signed for us to move closer to her so that she could hear what we were saying even if she can't at the moment join in. It's nice to hear what other are talking about even if it is not directly related to you. I am not saying that anyone's at fault but please think of the quite ones, just because they can't communicate much does not mean they don't want to. Mind you they probably don't want to hear what I say.[/QUOTE

Thank you Terry for moving your conversation towards me as you said it is good to join in although I have lost the ability to speak and use my fingers to type. I am hoping to get an attachment so that I can use my eye gaze on my wheelchair soon that should make communication easier

Terry
21st October 2017, 12:58
It's a bit poor that at Mnda meetings, people like you are and others with Mnd are left in a corner, so to speak Rumba;

I am not at all having a dig at your husband as he has to move around and talk but there are so many others there that know what Mnd is like. We are humans and can think and listen well. I will write something in the Laughter thread relevant, but sexist.

Sorry that I destroyed you peace and you had to listen to a load of rubbish from me and my wife. LOL

So anyone please talk to or near us so that we are involved in a little way with interaction in some way especially if you see us alone and especially if we go to Mnda meetings.

Rant over,

Love Terry

Streetwise
21st October 2017, 14:50
First Corinthians 13 :8 " Love never fails
Hi Terry and gang,

Lovely to see you all as real people - ha ha!
It must be nice to meet people from the forum.
I haven’t been to any of my area meetings yet. I will have to make a determined effort to do so.

Bern x

It was lovely that we could all meet up;

Love Terry

PS:- At one time I saw someone sitting alone because we had moved away talking. I signed for us to move closer to her so that she could hear what we were saying even if she can't at the moment join in. It's nice to hear what other are talking about even if it is not directly related to you. I am not saying that anyone's at fault but please think of the quite ones, just because they can't communicate much does not mean they don't want to. Mind you they probably don't want to hear what I say.

It's a bit poor that at Mnda meetings, people like you are and others with Mnd are left in a corner, so to speak Rumba;

I am not at all having a dig at your husband as he has to move around and talk but there are so many others there that know what Mnd is like. We are humans and can think and listen well. I will write something in the Laughter thread relevant, but sexist.

Sorry that I destroyed you peace and you had to listen to a load of rubbish from me and my wife. LOL

So anyone please talk to or near us so that we are involved in a little way with interaction in some way especially if you see us alone and especially if we go to Mnda meetings.

Rant over,

Love Terry

bakeit Forum