PDA

View Full Version : MND Awareness

sarahezekiel
3rd October 2011, 19:14
Hi everyone

I'm on the board of a new charity called Movement for Hope (http://www.movementforhope.org/).

Here's a film of an interview with me and my daughter dancing. We hope it will raise some awareness and money. Hope that some of you will take a look here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML78maikuq4&feature=youtu.be).

Thanks

Sarah

twitcher1
4th October 2011, 15:49
Hi Sarah
youre much braver than me and what you say is true.MND feeds off of fear and anxiety.Lovely film thank you you have helped me alot without knowing it
best wishes
Paul

sarahezekiel
4th October 2011, 22:38
Hi Paul

Whenever I do anything like make a film or give a talk, I think if I help one person, it's worth the effort. You've made me feel very happy, thank you!

When I was diagnosed all I read about, or saw on TV, were people with mnd who wanted euthanasia. It wasn't very encouraging and made me want to give up. It also made me feel very frightened. But I'm OK, why shouldn't you or anyone else be OK? There's always hope!

Best wishes

Sarah

Jeannie
5th October 2011, 08:57
Great video, Sarah. I can see where Aviva gets her beauty from ;-)

Robyn Copley-Hirst
5th October 2011, 11:04
Whenever I do anything like make a film or give a talk, I think if I help one person, it's worth the effort. You've made me feel very happy, thank you!

When I was diagnosed all I read about, or saw on TV, were people with mnd who wanted euthanasia. It wasn't very encouraging and made me want to give up. It also made me feel very frightened. But I'm OK, why shouldn't you or anyone else be OK? There's always hope!

Best wishes

Sarah

I think you inspire many, many people, Sarah.

Your daughter is a great dancer! Good luck with the project and thank you for posting so we can all keep pace with everything you're doing :)

Best Regards,

Robyn

miranda
5th October 2011, 11:35
Hi Sarah. I admire the way you are able to express your thoughts and feelings and have the determination to share these. I too refuse to be negative about my MND but I am one of the luckier ones who has the illness later in life.

Countyboy
5th October 2011, 17:21
Hi Sarah, It's easy to see where your daughter gets her beauty and grace from. Thanks for sharing your video with us. Keep up the good work.
Best Wishes,
CB.

sarahezekiel
5th October 2011, 20:05
Thanks everyone. I'll keep going for as long as possible!

All the best

Sarah

angnmick
5th October 2011, 20:42
great piece Sarah, and gosh you have such a talented, beautiful daughter, with a mum like you why am i surprised, best wishes with it all xx Ang

Alanwig
6th October 2011, 22:51
Hi Sarah,

Inspirational as ever, the movie was eloquent, graceful and extremely powerful - I hope it motivates others with MND to banish forever the word 'sufferer' from their vocabulary.

Alan

Crazy girl
8th October 2011, 10:03
You are very inspirational Sarah, I wish and still hope my husband will find the inner strength you have to be positive in the time he has left with us.

Thank you for being such a champion for this disease.

Tracy

sarahezekiel
6th November 2011, 20:47
Hi all

I thought some of you might like to read my latest article (http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx?referral=other&refresh=sG13Y5i0j02B&PBID=42cf8fb4-cfd5-4c0b-8866-4ec86a74133d&skip) It's on page 32. Unfortunately, you can't read it on an ipad or iphone.

Sarah

Lassie
6th November 2011, 21:04
Hi Sarah,
Great article well done. You are an inspiration to others.
Lassie x

jadedjohn
7th November 2011, 15:21
That's great Sarah well done- there is an app that enables ipads/pods read flash enabled sites it's called iswifter (Chris Boon put me onto this) it's a bit slow but it does work!

John

sarahezekiel
7th November 2011, 22:49
Thanks Lassie and John! Channel 4 want me to be on 4thought tv so I'm trying to sort that out. Hope that I can do it!

Sarah

jadedjohn
8th November 2011, 09:30
That would be brilliant, now that would help raise awareness!

John

MND Connect helpline