PDA

View Full Version : Tests

Cath51
12th October 2011, 15:00
Hi

Last year Mic had an MRI Scan and then EMG and Nerve Conduction tests done, He has been told that these tests need doing again, is this common practice for people diagnosed with ALS/MND?
Thanks
Cath

Jeannie
12th October 2011, 16:58
Hi Cath,

Not common in my experience.

Alienista606
12th October 2011, 18:44
not common but i have EMG around 6 time and MRI 2 times
so.....
Max

computatec
13th October 2011, 16:26
Repeating the EMG and nerve conduction tests will show if there is any deterioration since the original tests were carried out.

Countyboy
13th October 2011, 20:19
I went through three sets of tests before I was diagnosed, one in Cardiff (16 days) and two in London, each carried out over five days.
CB.

Cath51
14th October 2011, 08:22
Thanks for your replies, I just thought it a bit odd that he had been through the tests, had the suspected diagnosis confirmed and then 10 months later told he needs to have them all again. Perhaps it is Dr H being thorough as I have noticed that he has the MRI scans on screen when we are in his surgery.

Muletas
1st November 2011, 12:45
Hi, I am new to all this but I am just about to have a new set of tests to check on the first 12 months deterioration. Seems intelligent follow up to me.
P.S. I am in Spain and the care here has been absolutely fantastic.

Robyn Copley-Hirst
1st November 2011, 12:55
Welcome to the forum, Muletas. Really good to hear you're getting fantastic care.

Robyn
(forum co-ordinator)

Richard
1st November 2011, 16:51
Hi Muletas,

I'm also new to all this as I've never posted anything on this subject or any other.
Like everybody else on this site I also have MND and like you I also live in Spain, in Altea on the Costa Blanca, lovely place to retire to.
I'm so glad that you're receiving wonderful care as I couldn't speak highly enough of the care and attention I've received for the last year or so.
Best Wishes and Good Luck

computatec
1st November 2011, 17:28
Hi Muletas and Richard,

Are you guys being treated in the Spanish national health service or are you private patients?

Clive (10 years in Valencia province but now back in UK)

Cath51
3rd November 2011, 11:57
Mic went for these tests yesterday and it was the same Doctor as he saw last October, she seemed a but puzzled to be testing him again but went ahead with it anyway, back to see Dr H at the clinic on 14th December to find out any changes updates etc.

MND Connect helpline