PDA

View Full Version : Jaded John Campaign

jadedjohn
2nd November 2011, 16:50
The second instalment of my journey - living with motor neurone disease was broadcast this morning on BBC Somerset, if you would like to listen to it, it is at 1hr 4 mins into the program then at 1hr 9 mins 50secs. the link below is live first seven days, however I have recorded it and will upload it onto my website in the media section.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/p00l4prf/

also I Met Princess Ann Yesterday see http://www.mndassociation.org/news_and_events/our_news/royal_patron_visit.html

then

http://www.jaded-john.net/blog.html

John

Jeannie
2nd November 2011, 17:38
Great interview John :) you will and are inspiring a lot of people. I'm so proud to be able to call you my friend/extended family...love to you, Sharon and kids xx

jadedjohn
2nd November 2011, 19:10
Thanks Jeannie

I thought I sounded a bit of a dick!

John
Xx

MattJ
2nd November 2011, 20:57
Hi John,

Great interview. The person in the black coat on the MNDA website link is my Dad!

http://www.mndassociation.org/images/hi_res/2602_HRH-Press.jpg

I also had an invite but couldn't make it. I hope you had a chance to talk to Princess Anne. My Dad said she was really nice.

jadedjohn
2nd November 2011, 21:02
Hi Matt

Wow, yes I did spek with her, and she was very nice,

John

Lassie
2nd November 2011, 23:28
Hi John
Great interview.

Robyn Copley-Hirst
3rd November 2011, 13:11
Fantastic interview, John. Everything you do is doing so much to raise awareness - and you sounded fine! :)

Robyn

Jeannie
3rd November 2011, 15:55
Well, I didn't like to say John lol only kidding...you did just fine Mr.

I thought I sounded a bit of a dick!

John
Xx

Shame you couldn't make it Matt :(

jadedjohn
3rd November 2011, 15:56
Lol;)
J
Xx

miranda
8th November 2011, 15:03
Just caught up with your radio interview John. Am full of admiration for your determination to raise awareness and to carry on fundraising. No wonder your interviewer is so in awe of you.

jadedjohn
8th November 2011, 16:58
Thanks Miranda, I'm off to john Ratcliff hospital on Monday, with Rebecca Broxton from HTV who as part of my story going to do a piece on me on the dextro trial. So I will let you know how that goes

John

miranda
8th November 2011, 19:19
Will look forward to the next chapter! I too go to JR in Oxford, so will no doubt recognise the faces. They are a fantastic team.

john
10th November 2011, 10:28
Just getting rid of Jasminea.

John

Robert
10th November 2011, 17:58
Hi John,we have just purchased a Kia Sedona 2005 WAV not my vehicle by choice as we have an early discovery sadly now for sale,but needs must.Anyway I am 6'- 2" nearing 16st. these vehicles are really impressive it's got a 2.9 - 6 cylinder diesel engine 4 seats +wheelchair pulls really well, incidently looks like i have the same chair as you Quickie Salsa,My wife the chaffuer likes it, although it's a foot+longer than our LRover.We have the LE model, all black some chrome with blacked out rear windows I feel like the Godfather in it.Some of these are well kitted out with rear dvd for the kids, sunroof ,electric ramps,if you study them a bit.I found our spring assisted ramp a bit steep as the salsa anti tipping wheels grounded and lifted the drive wheels,my 4yr. old grandson laughing and saying your doing a wheely grandad.We had to get a 2ft fold up ramp we have and put it on the Kia ramp to cut down the angle and hey presto eddy kid or more like the eagle up the ramp and in the dropped floor rear where there are 2 front floor mounted inertia belts with carbingers that clip onto the front of the salsa and two ratchet tightened belts also an over shoulder belt and lap belt well secure.On reflection I would like to have had a longer foot well length as I have to remove the footrests.But all in all a lot of vehicle for the money.If you want to try it we are in sunny Charmouth not to far away.Regards Bob.

jadedjohn
11th November 2011, 17:47
hi Bob

Thanks for that, funny I have been looking at those - today I test drove a 40k VW Caravelle, they said it had 1500 mm head clearance - my head was squashed up against the roof!!! - GM coach works said the only thing that will fit is something like a Peugeot Boxer van = they must be joking! there's a nice Vauxhall Vivaro/Renault traffic which has been converted with lowered floor - so I'm going to have a look at that next - because in the short term I need to cart my tramper around, then later on the wheelchair.

John

bakeit Forum