PDA

View Full Version : have enough unwanted call..................

Alienista606
15th November 2011, 20:25
whit advertising ............have any idea how stamp this???
fond only TAPA website whit some service after 30/y
any U know?
max

angnmick
15th November 2011, 21:23
Hi Max

Have you looked at this
www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps
it seems to be free, hope it helps

Ang

Mr-Tumble
16th November 2011, 10:32
Ang, i registered with them some time ago, it takes a few weeks to have it set up completely on their data base and yes its free.

I dont get any more tele sales or marketing etc

Dave

Batty
16th November 2011, 12:01
Hi Max

Have you looked at this
www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps
it seems to be free, hope it helps

Ang

Ive been registered with these for a little while but still get sales calls, is there any other way?

Countyboy
16th November 2011, 18:35
Hi Everyone, About this time of year councils send out forms for every household to fill out (Annual Canvass). All adults, including 16/17 year old's are entered on these forms. When filled out properly it tell the returning officer for your council are who are eligible to vote and is used to create the "Electoral Roll". On the form there is normally a small box with the question do you want your details to be passed on to third parties? (meaning firms that send out adverts). You should mark this box to indicate that your council should not pass on any of your details on this form. Third parties buy this information from councils. In this way councils not only make money but, contribute to the unwanted piles of adverts landing on your doorstep. This also applies to all ten year census forms.
CB.

Jeannie
16th November 2011, 19:11
I have just registered, Thanks Ang.

Mark, upon completing registration I received the following info which may be of help:

If after 28 days you are still receiving unwanted sales and marketing telephone calls to the telephone number registered, you may wish to make an official complaint. Please complete our 'Complaint' form which can be found on this site in the complaints section.

Alternatively you can contact the Information Commissioners Office - the body for the enforcement of the relevant legislation.

The Office of the Information Commissioner
Wycliff House
Water Lane
Wilmslow
SK9 5AF

Tel: 01625 545 745
Fax: 01625 524 510
E-Mail: mail@ico.gsi.gov.uk

bakeit Forum