PDA

View Full Version : Leg cramps

Ikaykay
19th November 2011, 03:13
I suffered with leg cramps since 2009. The neurologists could not give me the right medication. Two days ago my wife forced me to meet the family physician (GP). He wrote the prescription for
Pregabalin. I found immediate relief. I slept like a baby.

I googled and found:

Why is this medication prescribed?
Pregabalin is used to relieve neuropathic pain (pain from damaged nerves) that can occur in your arms, hands, fingers, legs, feet, or toes if you have diabetes or in the area of your rash if you have had shingles (a painful rash that occurs after infection with herpes zoster). It is also used to treat fibromyalgia (a long-lasting condition that may cause pain, muscle stiffness and tenderness, tiredness, and difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep). Pregabalin is used with other medications to treat certain types of seizures in people with epilepsy. Pregabalin is in a class of medications called anticonvulsants. It works by decreasing the number of pain signals that are sent out by damaged nerves in the body.

I ilke the last line. It is true.I thank the GP. Now I am going to get into my car and drive

soniamm
19th November 2011, 07:17
Thanks for info on pregabalin, it sounds effective; my son is desperate for pain relief.

Sonia

Mr-Tumble
19th November 2011, 09:13
I was prescribed Quinine sulphate for the cramps i was getting and i found instant relief from cramps,

I am also on pregablin but for nerve pain caused by muscle wasting

soniamm
20th November 2011, 08:12
My son is on quinine for cramps which is effective but we have not yet found suitable pain relief, we will ask our GP about pregablin.

Sonia

daine.scott
6th December 2011, 07:09
Thanks for the info; I am having the same problem. Every time I stretch my ankle, it happens, and I hardly had any clue why it happens.

Barry52
31st October 2017, 11:21
Hello,

We do not accept requests for contact details on this forum. This is a very old thread but if you would like to give us more information about yourself we can try to help.

bakeit Forum