PDA

View Full Version : Am I wrong to feel like this?

Chris
11th January 2011, 09:35
At the moment I'm finding it difficult to feel sorry for people I talk to (including my gf) when ther on about how stressed or go on about life little problems are getting them down! I don't want to feel like this but I can't help it, all their problems seem like nothing to me. All that seems go through my mind is "try waking up every morning and realising, no it's not a dream your dying" Yes I understand I could be hit by a bus tomorrow, but that doesn't make these thoughts go away.
Has anyone felt like this? Hopefully it will get better in time, I don't know.

Batty
11th January 2011, 10:06
No you are not, everybody is different and I think I understand this feeling,MND has made me very selfish, try and stay strong make the most of what you got.Regards Mark.

rog
11th January 2011, 12:23
I can imagine that almost any problem seems trivial compared to living with MND, and having to deal with 'normal' things could be down right irritating - Still it's important for your relationships to communicate how you feel, have you tried talking to your gf about this? It's very possible that you are suffering from depression, it might be worth talking to your doctor about these thoughts.

Chris
11th January 2011, 13:51
Thanks for your replies. I have spoke to my gf about it only yesterday and she pretty much understands. We are very good at discussing any problems we have which is a good thing. I don't think I'm depressed at all really as I don't feel fed up or sorry for myself, Im just not bothered about their problems. It all sounds a bit selfish but the way I feel I don't care.
I can only think, in time I will change.

jadedjohn
11th January 2011, 14:22
im the same Chris

when i here of people in the latter years moaning about all the problems - i think, well look at me im only 42 and dying from an incurable disease, how fair is that!

so i completly understand

john

LEC5552003
11th January 2011, 19:49
I agree to Chris, my view has become how can people complain bout trivial probs specially aches and pains. I usualy say it may ache or hurt but at least it works/moves

Martin

Wayne
12th January 2011, 09:02
Are you aware of other peoples needs & wants, I have never felt that in 15yrs but on the other hand my Mrs gets worked up enough for the both of us.

You will always get moaners & whingers no matter how good their life is but at the same time there are those that are much much worse off than you, it may not seem like it to you but they are.

Personally if you become a listener you become a better person for it, as the saying goes

"LIFE GOES ON"

Don't let this feeling enter your relationships with family, friends & more so your girlfriend.

wayne

Chris
12th January 2011, 09:28
Hi Wayne. I totally get what your saying and I do know there is people in far worse situations as me, but as you can see I'm not alone in feeling this way. I'm pretty new to MND and before dx I had never heard of this disease, it's frightening! So maybe this is something that will go, like I've said, I don't want to feel this way.
Maybe when my wedding is out the way and we can settle a bit more I will feel different.

Chris.

Batty
12th January 2011, 09:56
This is a another reason why we need to make more awareness of MND, look at these healthy students -the next generation, measuring everything in money. One example of how people don't realise what they have got, maybe we should do some form of protest.

Batty

Saz
12th January 2011, 16:31
Hey Chris
I can totally relate to everything you've said and if you're anything like me you'll have times when you feel you can take on the world, times when you want to hide under the duvet, times of anger and grief and times of 'why me?' then acceptance. Like you I knew nothing of MND before diagnoses and I don't think anyone can relate unless they're in this awful situation. I've recently been feeling in a very dark place but it has passed and I'm fighting again - during the dark times its hard to hear what we consider trivial problems but when we feel stronger again we are just grateful for the normality people bring to our lives.
I fear I have rambled but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say - this illness can be all-consuming but it can't change our personalities unless we let it. Have a rant when you want to but don't let this crual illness beat you or your loved ones.
Keep strong
Saz x

Chris
13th January 2011, 09:28
Thanks for your comment Saz, very well put ;)

soniamm
13th January 2011, 13:50
Hi Chris

It will get better, my son aged 26 has been to hell and back many times over the last year including feeling intolerant with others who have aches and pains,just hang in there. I truly hope you have a great Wedding day, I wish you all the very best.

sarahezekiel
13th January 2011, 15:16
Hi Chris

I did feel like you at first. Now people say they can't complain to me, considering my situation. I tell them that all problems are relative and they can tell me. I don't think 'why me' anymore or that my problems are worse than other peoples. I suppose time has helped.

It's not wrong. I think it's probably quite normal!

Sarah

MND Connect helpline