• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Catsparkle
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2018

All terrain attendant wheelchair?

I need one for rough ground and cobbles (Rome was not much fun for my pusher!) I want to use it with a battery pack to help with hills and give my family more confidence in going out with me.
    The only reasonable one I've found so far is this, but it's a self propel. Do you think that could work with a power pak or as an attendant chair?
    Created for those with a spirit of adventure, the Outlander takes its design cues from the world of mountain bikes, with comfortable hand rims coupled to treaded pneumatic tyres that are ready to take on the harshest terrain. If you love to get out and about in nature, this is the wheelchair for you. It’s also a capable performer around town, delivering a smooth ride and soaking up the bumps on uneven surfaces.
  • Terry
    Forum Member
    • May 2012

Hi CS;

It might be best to contact a company that supplies the power packs and ask them. I think that most power packs have smooth wheels and might not grip on grass etc.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Catsparkle
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2018

Actually there's a quick link to a powerpack on the website to go with this wheelchairs that clearly does work with one

Comment

• Catsparkle
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2018

That's a really good point thank you Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Catsparkle View Post
          That's a really good point thank you Terry
          Hi Cat, I've just purchased the Outlander All terrain wheelchair. I've also purchased a free wheel from Spokz. It's from America. It clamps onto the wheelchair and raises the small front wheels off the ground. This turns the wheelchair into a three wheeler. My husband pushes me we like to go to game fairs. We are off to The Malvern Spring Show this weekend so we are going to try out my new wheels. Will report on our trip! Ginger

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
            Forum Member
            • May 2017

Thanks Ginger.

Yes, do please let us know how it works over rough grass and curbs.

I may be interested in getting one.

Doug
            Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Kayleigh
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2018

Hi Ginger,

Thanks for the tip about the freewheel. Thought I would google it because I havn't heard of them before. Is yours like this one?

The FreeWheel is right up your street! Whether your 'street' is grassy fields, snowy or uneven roads and paths, hiking trails, forest tracks and even the wheelchair's nemesis, cobbles, the Freewheel can deal with them all. Made from strong aircraft quality aluminium with a simple clamp design Freewheel fits quickly and easily. The large 12" front wheel gives smooth ride over rough surfaces and when not in use attach the FreeWheel to the back of your chair with the included ´perch´ attachment (custom perch clamps available for oval/oversized tubes) Will It Fit My Wheelchair? See image for footrest types. NOT COMPATIBLE with footplates that overhang the front bar. TILITE CHAIRS with angle adjustable footrests. You will need to order Part P102 fitting kit so your Freewheel attaches correctly. See Images Minimum footplate depth 4" (102mm) - Maximum footplate depth 6 3/8" (162mm) Footplates with height over 4 7/8" (123mm) need a custom frame - contact us for details Footplates with angles of more than 12 degrees need a custom frame - contact us for details Please check with your wheelchair manufacturer prior to purchasing to make sure your footrest is strong enough Maximum user weight - 280lbs (127 kg) Requires some assembly/initial setup (tools supplied)

I hope you have a great time at the Show with your husband.

Love Kayleigh xx
              Last edited by Kayleigh; 11 May 2019, 14:42.

Comment

• Terry
                Forum Member
                • May 2012

Hi All;

You can also get powered ones that fit onto a normal wheelchair.

I have a couple of pictures of the Spokz:-

1.jpg

2.jpg

Love Terry
                TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Kayleigh, yes that's the free wheel. Love Ginger

Hi Doug, will let you know how I get on. I've put a bike bell on the wheelchair handle so my husband can ding it so people know we are coming �� Love Ginger

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2017

Good idea Ginger!

I have one on my Topro Troja rollator. It's very useful.

I'm especially keen to know if the thicker tyres work over rough or soft ground.

Enjoy the show!

Doug
                    Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Ellie
                      Forum Member
                      • Oct 2012

( Lovely photo Doug - very dapper Love Ellie )
                      ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                      Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• JAY TEE
                        Forum Member
                        • Apr 2014

‘Wheelchair. I have Salsa M2 and the main drive wheels got a good grip. I get over ground and fields well. I have used it few times on cruises to the Med and getting in out boat usually easy. Been on lots cruises in fit days and had sailing boat and share of boat in Greece in Ionian. Getting off cruise ship easy and most places visited they had good disabled buses take into town or if near I went in for good ride. The battery power very good and I always worked on no more than 8 miles. Most difficult place get off is Gibraltar as most ships drop down bit steep. Always risked getting off there as my sister lives there and the whisky is totally durty free and fags I got for my brother as I have never ever had a drag on a *********.

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
                          Forum Member
                          • May 2017

Thank you Ellie!

That's very sweet of you.

xx

High quality, autographed, versions suitable for framing on bedside tables are available!

Love

Doug xx
                          Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Kayleigh
                            Forum Member
                            • Nov 2018

Great photo Doug - and only the most stylish of wine connoisseurs like you would make sure your bow co-ordinates exactly with the colour of your favourite red wine!

Love Kayleigh x

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
                              Forum Member
                              • May 2017

Thanks Kayleigh!

Well spotted. Though the wearer is a lot older than the wine.

But I don't think we should divert Catsparkle's thread.

Love

Doug x
                              Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X