Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mittens?

Forum Member
    OMG hilarious, just what the doctor ordered, Have a great Christmas with your little girl and lovely wife Adie,best wishes xxx Ang n Mick

Forum Member
    Try these winter golf mittens, they are very easy to get on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Masters-Wi...item19cbe7a745

cheers Barry

Luce,
    I just googled scarf with pockets and loads came up. You might find a suitable one for your mum on there. If you are looking for a coat substitute we bought Irene a cape which could be undone at the sides so it could be put on with the minimum of pushing and pulling. That came from John Lewis' sale last year and has had much use and certainly keeps Irene warm.

John

Forum Member
    thanks everyone for the tips, certainly a few to try out- will certainly include the word "hand" in the search!

a friend knitted mum some kind of arm/ hand sleeve which seems very good but will show mum the links and have another shop around.
    all the best
    luce

Forum Member
    Anyone tried the fingerless gloves with the grips on the palm side? I have to put them on for Mic but he finds that they improve his holding onto things that would sometimes slip through his fingers (like the all important pint of Tetley bitter). One of his pub mates got them (probably from where he works) I think I will have to look on Amazon or EBay to replace as they are getting a bit tatty!
    Update - actually found these in Poundworld for the princely sum of 1 per pair (surprisingly enough) result, now he can go to the pub and look like somebody owns him!
    Last edited by Cath51; 12th January 2012 at 09:50. Reason: Update

Forum Member
    Hi all
    thanks for replies
    my neigbour knitted mum a couple of pairs of gloves with no fingers- they are brill. the second pair she made longer for mum, will get a photo taken of them and if people are interested i can get the pattern put up.
    however if someone wanted some and can't get anyone to knit it i am sure she would be willing.

she also did a nice crochet black blanket to go on mums lap when in the wheelchair. not too big so it doesn't get stuck in the wheels, the crochet is handy as it allows mum to try and hold it using the holes, the colour blended in with trousers as mum didn't want an obvious blanket on her legs.

luce

Forum Member
    Hi Luce,

I love this forum! If you have a problem someone has more than likely thought of a solution! I'm struggling to put my husbands gloves on and any kind of mittens are normally in 'girly' colours!

Reading this I remembered that his mum knits so I would love to have the pattern from you if possible?

Thanks so much
    Tracy

Forum Member
    Hi Tracy

I will get the pattern off my neighbour and scan it on

take care
    Luce