Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Numb Bum

Robert

Numb Bum

I have just had my wheelchair cushion upgraded from a Salisbury foam to an Invacare Flo-Tech solution which has a jel topping but after an hour my rear end is still numb any suggestions please.
    Regs Bob.

Hi Bob,

I weigh 7 stone 9lbs and my butt is skin and bone. I have a Jay lite cushion on my manual chair and a Jay 3 gel deep contour on my powerchair, I can recommend both, but highly recommend the Jay3.

http://www.jay-seating.com/j3/welcome.asp?locale=uk

Do you have 'tilt in space' on your chair? as this also helps relieve pressure.
    Best wishes

Jeannie

Please donate and share forever grateful xx Please see the link https://www.gofundme.com/83tq5j-help..._co_campmgmt_w

Robert
    Hi Jeannie,thanks for that i will have a gander in a bit,yes i do have tilt but i have been waiting for a repair for about 6 weeks,you know the story they come and ave a look mmm yes one of those is it.We got one at Poole will sent a man to get it,fortnight later you have to ring em,ah yes sorry it was the wrong part we will have to get one from the makers,fortnight later 2 men new part.They take chair outside on front porch,strip it down,ah wrong part,the manufacturer says it's an updated part but don't fit ,so they take photos and a fortnight later I'm still waiting.Yes it did tilt and might again some day.In the mean time it's numbum. Regs Bob X

Rachelg
    Mark is using a ROHO Quaddro cushion. He has tried a few different types and found this to be the best. He has one fitted in both wheelchair and living room chair. Cushion was supplied by wheelchair services after request made by his nurse. Along with tilt as Jeannie recommended, Mark sometimes has his legs raised if in wheelchair for a long time - just to kinda alter position a bit.

Grrr it happens Bob....I usually ask for the part number and track the part down myself, that way there are no excuses to be had lol My local mobility store kept fobbing me off as to when my new powerchair was going to be delivered to store. In the end I emailed invacare asking what the hold-up was only to be told that the mobility company had received my chair two weeks prior grrr
    Best wishes

Jeannie

Please donate and share forever grateful xx Please see the link https://www.gofundme.com/83tq5j-help..._co_campmgmt_w

Robert
    Thanks Jeannie and Rachel Regards Bob X

petal
    Hi just reading your posts about cushions,do you use your wheelchairs as armchairs,because that s what our ot is saying we have to do,as transfers are getting difficult for my husband,but long term is that very comfortable .

Rachelg
    Hi Petal. Mark only uses his wheelchair for going out. During the day he sits in a Careflex Hydroflex chair with additional Roho cushion fitted. I guess its all down to what is most comfortable. Even though comfy, Mark wouldn't like to sit in his wheelchair in the house. I would imagine a lot depends on the locations of the hoists. We wheelchair into living room then hoist into the careflex chair, which has tilt, reclining backrest, leg rise, lumbar support, head comfort cushion etc.

Batty
    Hi Bob,
    I use and recommend J2 Deep Contour gel cushions, very similar to Jeannies.
    Regards Mark

Robert
    Hi Petal,no don't use as my armchair, they fitted 2x ceiling hoists or love swings we like to call them.One in our sitting room to transfer me between armchair and wheelchair and one in bedroom for transfers and adult games Regards Bob.