Thread: Forum Spammers/Commercial posts

Robyn Copley-Hirst

Forum Spammers/Commercial posts

Hi Everyone,

This is just to say thank you to everyone who reported a spam/commercial post over the weekend.

For whatever reasons we're seeing a real increase lately. We'll be removing anything inappropriate as quickly as we spot these things, but in the event you spot anything before a moderator and wish to 'report' it to us the best way is to:

1. Click the 'report post' icon below the post in question. It looks like a black triangle with an exclamation mark in and will be positioned below every post.

2. That will then allow you to write a quick message (or not) and will be automatically sent to all of our moderators and myself.

3. Whichever of us gets there first will take a look, and if we believe a member is not following our terms and conditions, we'll remove it. There may be occasions where we leave a post where it is but keep a close eye on how things develop.

4. I'll then follow that up, possibly with some correspondence, and see if there's anything I can do to prevent further repeats from the same company or individual.

We do try our best to keep things as clean and relevant as possible for the forum community so thanks for your patience and help towards that as well. I hope that explains the process and lets you know a little more about what happens behind the scenes when you click to 'report' something.

Robyn

Hi Andrew;

Can we wipe the Kitchen type posts off completely and not just leave them on the forum inactive as it makes looking back unattractive and hard. I do not want to eradicate the censored posts made by members only the ones like kitchens.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi Andrew;

Can we wipe the Kitchen type posts off completely and not just leave them on the forum inactive as it makes looking back unattractive and hard. I do not want to eradicate the censored posts made by members only the ones like kitchens.

Love Terry
    Hi Terry,

No worries - will do. We place all spam posts in the 'Removed Threads' folder that is visible only to moderators.

If you notice anything that needs terminating, just let me know.

Best wishes,

Andrew

Thanks Andrew;

They make looking back bad.

Cheers Terry

PS:- This does not mean we're friends!

It would be useful if we didn't have to wait a minute or however long before reporting another spam post. There seem to be so many at one go it takes ages waiting for the timer to run down to report the next one.

Hi CW;

Just report one, this will probably wake Andrew and he we find the rest? Anyway, let him earn his money.

Love Terry

Is the 'K' word a banned word now? Just used it in a post and it's been starred out like a profanity!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Is the 'K' word a banned word now? Just used it in a post and it's been starred out like a profanity!
    Hi Wendy,

It was censored with ***s in a bid to get rid of the numerous spammers we've had in the past few months, all selling kithchens and appliances.

Should be fine to use now though - sorry.

Best wishes,

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, I'm used to being told off for swearing in the real world, but for once I was innocent!

Forum Member
    Ha! Sorry

Ex-display, appliances and kitchenette were also on the naughty list!