Thread: suprapubic cathater

Forum Member

suprapubic cathater

John is going into hospital this morning to have a suprapubic cathater put in.Its being done tomorrow and hopefully he will be home thursday or friday.He has worn different types of sheaths and a leg bag for around 10 years now and just recently developed an allergy to all types so its been decided the catharter is the route to go down.I,as always worry about him being in hospital but I am reliably informed they deal with quite a lot of MND patients so watch this space and I will let you know how things are going

hi Irene,

Hope your keeping well ,Just wanted to wish John all the best with the op, hope all goes well and he is home soon, sounds really great ,making my eyes water anyway,

Regards
    pete
    All I need is a miracle

Forum Member
    just a quick update on John....He had the cathertar put in yesterday and was sitting up in bed doing just fine last night.The tube comes out just below his belly button and he said its not to sore.I am fetching him home around 2pm he does do a lot better at home.District nurses are coming after tea just to check him over so Im so happy that it all went well and I cant wait to have him home.Funny isnt it how sometimes you could cry out to have a break away but then when you get a couple of days you want your person back.I dont sleep well at the best of times but I sleep even less when hes in hospital.Love to everyone hope you all have a good day Irene XXXXX

Forum Member
    So glad to hear everything went well.xx