Thread: Fundraising

Forum Member

Fundraising

My son is about to attempt to swim a mile to raise funds for MND Association. He has been in 'training' for a few weeks but when I first heard about it I was metaphorically, and am literally, speechless. http://www.justgiving.com/Roger-Hull0

Can you pass on to your son my very best wishes ,have no doubts he will complete the swim, for MNDA and His mom .

Pete
    All I need is a miracle

Forum Member
    Thanks Pete, he did sucessfuly swim a mile (plus one extra length!!) and has almost reached his target of 500. He said it was easy!! he just kept thinking of all the everyday things he sees me struggling with and which most people take for granted (as we probably did before MND struck).

Quote Originally Posted by miranda View Post
    Thanks Pete, he did sucessfuly swim a mile (plus one extra length!!) and has almost reached his target of 500. He said it was easy!! he just kept thinking of all the everyday things he sees me struggling with and which most people take for granted (as we probably did before MND struck).
    Hi miranda,

Never doubted he would complete it, he had the best reason in the world to do it For his mom !! and obviously the mnda benefited too well done to him and thank him for his efforts for us all.

Regards
    pete
    All I need is a miracle

Hi Miranda;
    Well done to your son, how old is he. I think that I was 9 or 10 when I swam my first mile. Our school had an extra long swimming lesson because of it.
    Keep on splashing, Terry

Forum Member
    Hi Terry. In his words 'forty, fat and unfit'. I think it was more of a challenge now then when he first did it which was probably about 30 years ago.

and he raised a lot of funds for our good cause, I raised nothing 46 years ago. Their was not much charity then. How things have changed.
    Well done,Terry