Thread: Ask a Neurologist

Forum Member

Ask a Neurologist

Hi MNDA,

This type of facility would be superb if it could be arranged from here.

http://www.justanswer.com/sip/Health...FRRC4Qod91w5ag

Any chance?

Best wishes

Graham

Forum Member
    Hi Graham -

I've put your question, via the forum manager, to MND Connect, which is the Association's 'nearest equivalent' to the website you mentioned, although the 'ask a doctor, who's waiting on-line' message window is not likely to be feasible. Watch this space . . .

Mike.

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    Hi Graham,

I've had a chat with a few people here in the Connect Team. They all agree that in an ideal world this could be a fantastic feature for everyone to use. The feeling at the moment, is simply that as a charity, we just don't have the manpower needed to cover this. There would obviously be limitations in what a Dr could say with any confidence without meeting the person concerned, but all agreed that ideally this could be of benefit to people.

I asked about a similar idea being manned by someone from the MND Connect team rather than a neurologist/ Dr. We already have someone designated to answer all emails sent as soon as possible. Todays email person is Ruth, for example! Everyone is more than welcome to use this facility by emailing:

mndconnect@mndassociation.org

It's not quite instant, or a PM, but taking into account the number of people in the team and the workload they have, it's the best option at the moment.

What I will do is pass this forward as feedback as there may be some other options we can look at, one off Q&A sessions for example, or thinking ahead to the future and what people would find most useful. I can't promise anything at the moment as it all comes down to pounds, shillings and pence, and also using our funds in the most effective and useful ways possible.

Thanks for that idea, Graham, I think it's a great feature for the site you mention.

Robyn

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Copley-Hirst View Post
    . . . it all comes down to pounds, shillings and pence,
    Robyn
    You can't fool me Robyn . . . you're not old enough to remember shillings!!

Mike.

Jacqui Priestley
    Robyn/Mike, I've mentioned this elsewhere before, but the interactive webinars that ALS TDI provide are excellent. The only trouble is that you need a computer for presentation and a phone line to the US for audio. I am fortunate to have a husband with international conference facilities set up here at home, but for others in the UK this will be expensive. I strongly encourage you to run something similar here - this would give MND sufferers all over the UK the same access to the experts relatively cheaply.

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFD View Post
    You can't fool me Robyn . . . you're not old enough to remember shillings!!

Mike.
    You are quite right, Mike!

I have absolutely no idea what a shilling is, only that rich people give them to young boys for running errands in period films. 'Pounds, shillings and pence' is a phrase my Dad says a lot

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui Priestley View Post
    Robyn/Mike, I've mentioned this elsewhere before, but the interactive webinars that ALS TDI provide are excellent. The only trouble is that you need a computer for presentation and a phone line to the US for audio. I am fortunate to have a husband with international conference facilities set up here at home, but for others in the UK this will be expensive. I strongly encourage you to run something similar here - this would give MND sufferers all over the UK the same access to the experts relatively cheaply.
    I will speak to a few people here in person about this, Jacqui, and pass this forward for consideration as an idea for something we could look at in the future. I'll get back to you when I hear any feedback on it.

Robyn

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Copley-Hirst View Post
    You are quite right, Mike!

I have absolutely no idea what a shilling is, only that rich people give them to young boys for running errands in period films. 'Pounds, shillings and pence' is a phrase my Dad says a lot
    My husband still calls them LSD!

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    Morning All,

Libra, Solidus, Denarius... you learn something new every day, Miranda!