Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why neurons lose their spark?

marieline
    Wow Graham, i have been wanting to get those definitions for ever. It is still complex but you make it a lot simpler to read. Keep up with the informative post.

Best wishes
    Marieline

Forum Member
    In March 2016 it was reported on the BBC that a gentleman in a Polish clinic, who had had his own olfactory stem cells taken and inserted in the rupture of his spinal cord, continued to make good progress. From being quadriplegic, the gentleman had gained partial control of all limbs, continence and sexual function.

The concept of repairing the spinal cord had been dismissed as fantasy in the medical establishment, however following the reports from Poland, a professor from King's College is investigating.
    Copyright Graham

That's fantastic news. Thanks for posting it Graham. Just shows anything is possible
    xx Becky

Forum Member
    On Horizon 23.05.16 was a documentary highlighting recent research into dementia. The effects of tau proteins degenerating the way that neurones are nourished was highlighted. The brain has an innate ability to eliminate tau proteins during sleep.

Tau proteins that cause degeneration of neurones also apply to forms of MND. The form of MND is Predominantly Upper Motor Neurone Disease. Signals from the Upper Motor Neurones to the Lower Motor Neurones are attenuated.
    Copyright Graham

That's interesting Graham,

When I stay awake playing on the computer, my body does not perform so well the next day or two.

No idea what Tau Proteins are, maybe I should look.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

SusanMcGee
    Thanks for sharing with us. Very informative sharing .

Forum Member
    By God, is Graham still alive and wanting to kick??
    Copyright Graham

Hi Graham;

So pleased to hear from you, I assumed that you were no longer with us.

Have you left the chess site?

How are things?

Love Terry

Great to hear from you Graham after such a long time absent.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Hi Terry/Barry,

Good to see both of you are soldiering on and I am saddened to have read of more people wMND struggling. Nothing changes.

I'm ok and working harder than ever, hence no chess, and ready to have fun...
    Copyright Graham