Thread: Government's unlawful enquiry into disabled living

Forum Member

Government's unlawful enquiry into disabled living

Dear MNDA,

Please go to:
    http://www.magimedia.co.uk/buildforu...pic.php?t=4828

This inquiry into disabled living is unlawful under the Disability Discrimination Act 2003 because all disabled people may not participate in this inquiry, under the terms laid out.

As our representative association, the MNDA is asked to stop this inquiry in its current form.

Best wishes

Graham

Forum Member
    Hi Robyn, All,

Thanks for your reply and I can see that the MNDA is equally frustrated and angry with the Government's direction of thought with regard to disabled people in general and in particular with people with MND who have special needs.

G60dubber may get the opportunity to inform his local MP that Dr Hywel Francis's inquiry into Disabled Living is unlawful because only written submissions will be considered. Many disabled people are not able to write and under DDA 2003, these people by law must be allowed to participate.

The MNDA does like to hear other people's point of view on this matter as you have said, but I still would like the MNDA to stop this inquiry.

It further proves politicians are out of touch with the needs of disabled people.

Best wishes

Graham

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    Hi Graham,

I think people could argue about politicians all day long! Thanks for the update... we will just have to see how this develops.

Enjoy your weekend,

Robyn