Thread: Advice on hoist sling please

Forum Member

Advice on hoist sling please

Hubby soon needs to use hoist but ot sent 2 slings which care team say not suitable.anybody use one that actually goes hig h at the back to support his head and if possible the name of it .thanks caroline xx

Quote Originally Posted by caz View Post
    Hubby soon needs to use hoist but ot sent 2 slings which care team say not suitable.anybody use one that actually goes hig h at the back to support his head and if possible the name of it .thanks caroline xx
    Hi caz,

The only guy i know who uses slings ,is bob aka Robert, may well be worth PM to him he is back from his hospice rest, so should be about,

Regards
    pete
    All I need is a miracle

Forum Member
    Hi Caz

I have PM'd you with a link to a very good sling which has additional head support available, also keeps the the person in it in quite a nice sitting position. My husband hated feeling tipped back and we found this sling very good both for him and for me to slide behind for fitting.

Rachel

Forum Member
    thanks rachel just pm you back.how do i find the head support that goes with it.couldnt find it on the site caroline xx

Forum Member
    thanks pete will do.hope you and your family are keeping well xx

Forum Member
    Hi, we have a really good sling - it's designed specifically to be left in under the person being hoisted so it's comfortable. It has great head and neck support - my husband has virtually no movement left and is unable to support himself at all, but finds it very comfortable. It's an 'In-situ Sling Range, Deluxe Leg Style Sling (superfine Plus)' made by a company called Silvalea Ltd. have a look on their website. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by MikeFD; 24th January 2013 at 01:09.

Forum Member
    thankyou.will show ot and carers and see what they say.thanks for getting back so quickly everyone.love caroline xx