Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: hi everyone

kerri121072
    thank you all so much for ure responses.....mums breathing deterioated yesterday so now having to give mum 0.25 off madazolom i think thats how its spelt!..mum has refused this in the past so i no she is now struggerling bless her,its doin the trick though so thats good.....mums speech theropist is comming to see mum tommorow so goin to discuss the peg...will let u all know how we get on...all the best xxx kerri xxx

Forum Member
    All the very best, you are in our thoughts

Forum Moderator
    Hi Kerri -

I am from the Nottinghamshire Branch and the speech therapist coming to see your Mum knows the Branch very well, so please be sure to ask her if you think there is any way that the Branch can be of help to your Mum or to you, as carer.

Best wishes,

Mike.

kerri121072
    hi all just a quick update on mum....speech therapist came out,she is lovely she gave us some straws to help mum with her fluids and they are great i must say....mum cannot have the peg as she cannot lie flat,and because off her breathing...mum now has to go on a mash diet,anything that u can mash with a fork,but mum really not wanting to eat much at all.....still giving mum the madazolam a couple off times a day and its helping so all good....does anybody no how long u can take madazolam for or if theres no limit in how long?is anybody else having to take it to help them breath?...hope ure all well talk soon kerri xxxx

Forum Member
    Kerri

Been thinking of you and your mum- best wishes, my thoughts are with you. I remember a couple of months ago when my mum had to lie flat for some breathing tests, it was really really uncomfortable and she had to sit up again. My only thoughts re eating are just keep offering her regular snacks/ meals and she may eat a little. Take care Kerri

Luce

kerri121072
    hi all again,mums breathing seems to have got a little worse since yesterday about 6pm....she really carnt get her breath,distict nurses ave said to gove mum o.5 ml off the midazolam now and she can have it every 30 mins...got to see how that goes if im continuosly giving mum it then they will put mum on a sringe driver to help....keep mum calm...its horrible to see mum like this,but mum as told me shes fighting it!she really doesnt want to give in,im so proud off her......the midazolam seems to b working,i gave mum some at 7am this morning and she is still asleep,goin to write it all down so i dont forget how much mum has had....i really though that was it last nite,mums battle was nearly over but she is a fighter and im so proud off her.......has any one else had this or simular experience,thta they could share so i dont feel im alone...i think this would b the time for the ventelation but mum has refused all off that xxxx would be lovely to hear everyones thoughts or advise xxxx thank u xxx

Kerri,
    Steve, my husband was a fighter, he ended up on a ventilator for the last 3 months of his life, his choice, he had no end of life plan or wishes and would not discuss it, however at the end the doctors were asking me what were his wishes and as he had none, what were mine. My wishes were his wishes and that is really hard to see someone you love dearly struggling. I had some advice before he went on the vent about if he was unable to make his choice and I had to make it, to be aware that in the end it would have been my decision.
    Not sure whether that makes sense, whether that has helped or upset you as that was not my intention, only to tell you like it was!
    Take care and be strong and you are not alone. Ange xx

9. View Profile
  10. View Forum Posts
Banned
Hi Kerri

How are things with you and your mum today? I hope the situation has improved since yesterday - we are all thinking of you both. You are giving her a lot of comfort just being there with her.

Forum Member
    Hi Kerri
    How are things with you and your mum? Thinking of you. The only thing i can say is just keep doing what you are doing- being there for her and keeping to her wishes. look after yourself and your kids too. lots of love lucy

kerri121072
    hi all...mum is now on a sringe driver with the midazolam,so she is mainly sleeping...the gp came out this morning as the nurse overnite was concerned about mums swollowing..so they have stopped all oral meds and said that the constant midazolam goin into mum will just make her sleep and be comfortable,and that mum would proberly pass away in her sleep!and if mum has no fluids we could be only looking at days!....i couldnt believe it to be honest,i knew that this would come but it really doesnt make it any easier....mum has been waking up for short lengths off time and has wanted food and drink!not a great deal but she has had a little...im now sat here listerning to mum sleeping and praying she makes it through the night.....i will keep u updated..if anyone has been in a simular posistion i would love some advise at this moment xxxx