Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First signs ?

First signs ?

Hi all,

Sitting here only Coronation Sreet on,,,, aarrgghh. I want to know what where your first signs something was wrong, you knew something was not right but couldnt really put your finger on it ,I am trying to see if there is any similar things that affect us all, at the very begining, for me the first thing i noticed was slurring my words not all the time but very often i knew i was but others hadnt noticed it , Then I went to whisle the pony for her food ,i couldnt ,not even a sqeak, the third was unable to blow up a balloon , couldnt do it ,so if you have a free moment think back and tell me please , God i am so bored ,i need to do something and i want to know , what your first realisation was.

pete:
    All I need is a miracle

teynhambees
    Pete,

Ummmm not watching corrie...coppers 4 more close to home so to speak...but what was my first clue looking back now lots! The leg muscles twitching in my legs and the cramps but I put it down to over exercise. I am talking about 10 years ago when i met my wife and I was in the RAF at the time. More recently I would say slurring words not all the time and only briefly eg. minutes.

Ged (my wife) phoned and asked if i had just woken up I hadn't and she said, "you're slurring". The joint pain and leg muscles ached all the time and I fell down again on New Years day yet another falling down the stairs. I fell down about 18 months ago and broke my ribs and have fallen down at work more times than I can remember put it down to tripping!

It's like a jigsaw puzzle and I'm slowly putting all the bits together. Oh, and a rant off topic, my line manager phoned today and came out with, "I know what you feel like.!" uhhhh no you don't was the reply so you've been told then that you have a terminal illness with no cure or treatment......silence!! I'm still fumming!!!!
    Scott

Forum Member
    Slurring words for me too. At a family birthday party my nephew asked my brother how much I had been drinking!! That decided me I ought to go to my GP. Then started the rounds of trying to get a diagnosis which took two years.

Forum Member
    Hi for my husband the first signs where tripping up on the tennis court for no reason at all ,then walking with a dropped foot, then 2 years to diagnosis.

Forum Member
    My wife had a flu like bug in August 2011 and afterwards commented that her left foot felt strange ,like it did not belong to her. In September she had started to limp and her left foot dropped so that she would stub her foot and needed a stick to walk safely. At this stage she went to the GP and he referred her to the Neurologist for tests as he thought she might have had a slight stroke. All the tests were done by Xmas and unfortunately they were all negative but for the EMG which showed that the muscles were not reacting to the electrical stimulii as they should. for test . Got the results on 3rd Jan , like a bolt out of the blue for her , but I had an inkling but did not want it to be true ....unfortunately it was....

You can't beat a bit of corrie lol For me it was stiffness in my left ankle followed by clonus.
    Best wishes

Jeannie

Please donate and share forever grateful xx Please see the link https://www.gofundme.com/83tq5j-help..._co_campmgmt_w

Irene's first sign was a right drop ankle although there were things before like falling on winter ice, loss of use of right hand for 2 days and finding it difficult to open car doors that you can't help wondering.

John

Forum Member
    Mic's first signs were lack of grip and dropping things, as a mechanic he found he was depending more and more on the apprentice and newly qualified mechanic to do things whilst he was the 'brains' behind the jobs. I think he was a bit relieved when the firm closed down and he was made redundant.

My first symptoms were noticed in October 2009, whilst having a routine medical assessment at work it was noticed that I had an abnormal differential in hand strength between my right and left hands. This at the time I put down to doing lots of DIY and being right-handed, later that year I began struggling holding things in my left hand, like screws, small nuts/bolts. by March i had a pretty conclusive decision i had a form of MND. i however pushed a second opinion and this was in Oct 2010.

foxy if your really bored you can read the whole story on my website!!

John

John
    http://www.jaded-john.net

First onset Oct 2009, Dx'ed Oct 2010 at the age of 42

Mine started with a weak (dominant) hand in Spring 2010, however with hindsite my legs showed muscle contraction weakness back in 2005/6 whilst kickboxing, never thought anything of it, just trained harder. This was just after a nasty ankle ligamnent tear...
    Life without love is like a broken pencil..... Pointless.

http://mndestroyer.wordpress.com/