Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Live chat?

Forum Member

Live chat?

My husband spends a bit of his time on an online game that has a 'live chat' element to it. I was wondering could something like that be included in this forum? It would be especially good for those times during the night when we can't sleep!
    It might be too complicated, I have no idea about how these kind of things work or what is required in the set-up, but as I had the thought I decided to post anyway.
    Gill

Quote Originally Posted by Westerharler56 View Post
    My husband spends a bit of his time on an online game that has a 'live chat' element to it. I was wondering could something like that be included in this forum? It would be especially good for those times during the night when we can't sleep!
    It might be too complicated, I have no idea about how these kind of things work or what is required in the set-up, but as I had the thought I decided to post anyway.
    Gill
    Hi Gill,
    Sounds like a great idea to me, anything that gives a more instant response would be a step for the better, don't know what exactly would be involved in setting up that format, I hope MNDA tech wizards will give it some thought and respond .

Pete
    All I need is a miracle

There is an Instant Messaging facility for members on the forum. You have to have an IM account with a provider.
    Not sure if it can be more than a one-to-one chat.

Personally Gill I prefer forum posting because you can pick up nuggets of useful info without joining in the thread. Dude x

There is nothing to stop chats on the forum if people wish. When you are on it says who else is online or you could arrange to chat at 3pm say. Wouldn't be private but could involve groups of us at the same time.

John

Sounds like a great idea to me!

Hi Gill I know you originally wanted a chat for hubby in the wee hours, but going off on a tangent, as I usually do, maybe we could have a quiz at a fixed time, say 3pm GMT. Take it in turns to ask 1 question and first to answer gets a point. Posting time would show who was first and google would not be quick enough, just in case, heaven forbid, someone would stoop so low Lol. We could call it 'What's the point' . It would be good fun . Dude x

Forum Member
    LOL That sounds like fun Dude! I’ll play !

When Terry, and I are playing Chess, there is a ‘live’ chat feature, and we are able to chat back, and forth very quickly with one another. Even with the time difference, when we are both there at the same time it makes the game even more fun!

It would be great feature to have here, or a meet up time could possibly do the same.

CC xoxo

Forum Member
    We are all so lucky that the Internet has evolved as it has. Ellie, where is the IM in the forum? I can only see PM.
    The'what's the point' idea is a good one. Weekly pub quiz!
    Gill

OK CC 3pm GMT is about 9am Eastern I guess. We won't have english spelling in the quiz Lol Dude x

Gill But without the pub, maybe we can all have a Pimms or G & T and toast the winner. Dude x