Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do posts go missing in the Forum

Forum Member

Do posts go missing in the Forum

On three occasions I have noticed a post seems to dissappear from a thread. There was nothing contentious in them so we cannot blame the moderators. I have not made many posts so I don't know if this is a frequent occurance.
    Anyone else noticed this?

Arthur
    Smile they said "Life could be Worse", so I did and it was

Hi Arthur,
    No threads don't disappear, but you must refrain from using colourful language,not use any full names,be disrespectful,
    suffer in hospital requesting help and naming,live in post area where no help available, be critical of treatment or support
    from MNDA I have been fortunate to meet/talk to some great people from the organisation.

Roy.

I even had one of mine go. It is a shame that I was not given a chance to edit and modify it myself. I did understand why it was taken off. It was because I was asking if anyone had a supplement that i could borrow whilst mine order was coming for America. I did not see a great deal of harm in that.
    Regards Terry

Hi Terry,
    There would be concerns about drug abuse you may have noticed the situation with Lance Armstrong,
    It has also been recorded you consistently race in your chair above national speed limits, therefore the
    Deleted post would have been for your safety and your neighbourhood.

Best wishes

Roy.

Hi Tell,,

Well if that was the reason, I do really think it's time the forum needs a re think, BIG TIME, I have never seen so much interference with posts, I can understand the question of names being withheld, but for gods sake I do think a bit of common sense might prevail at some point , a forum where you cannot openly discuss things with like minded folk without petty alterations being made it seems for the most part pointless , Just wondering why now, Robyn would post saying if something was not right,

Regards
    Pete
    All I need is a miracle

Forum Member
    I doubt it is the moderators removing a post. I believe it is a problem in the Forum software. Yesterday I replied to a post, refreshed the screen so I was sure my reply was there but later on my reply was gone.

I'm from Northern Ireland, we are a peaceful affable bunch who would never do or say anything that might offend others - so I would never write anything contentious that would require moderation
    Smile they said "Life could be Worse", so I did and it was

Hi Arthur,
    Must be software problem then, you have a great day.

Roy.

Forum Member
    It seems strange that the moderators are quick to take down some posts but not others!!!!!

Hi all

I can understand the moderator being active if there are outrageous behaviour and language on the forum posts.
    I can also appreciate it if someone gets over critical about a hospital or doctor and specifically names people relentlessly and generally being disrespectful.

By the way Roy, has your doctor sorted out your bum !

Rory
    New Year's resolution -not to get MND again !

hi Rory,

Oh be fair, they can't treat MND, what chance is there of curing Roy's rear end !!!

Pete