Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do posts go missing in the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    hi Rory,

Oh be fair, they can't treat MND, what chance is there of curing Roy's rear end !!!

Pete
    Pete

I hear Roy has had 4 speeding fines in his motorised bum assisted wheelchair, 2 warnings about excess ozone emissions, 3 tickets concerning noise pollution, 5 offences regarding damage to highways caused by skid marks and finally convicted of stink driving !

All on the way to get an Indian take away !

The blonde policewoman nearly ran out of ink

Roy said " it was a fair cop ""
    New Year's resolution -not to get MND again !

Moved threads???

It appears that DaiTheDragon, thread on the 13th April 2015 at 09:14, Titled "Could be goodbye", was moved? To where?

He has made nearly three hundred informative posts on this forum and find it hard to believe that his post needed "Deleting".

Unless a post is highly inflammatory (Sex, racial, etc) I don't see a need to remove it, especially from a long term member.

Please modify them if you see a need, perhaps SXXT or FXXX, or even XXXX but leave the message up so we have some idea what he's talking about.

Quite a few people here are in a very dark place, even I who have Mnd and have considered ending it can't really know how they feel. Please let these people have their say even if it is modified.

It's a shame that this happens, Terry

Last edited by Terry; 16th April 2015 at 14:05.
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

MND Association Digital Media Manager
    Hi Terry, I took the decision to remove the post as it would be distressing for newer members on the forum. There was also clear implications for a member of the forum, where we needed to refer to external professional services.

It is not an easy decision for me to remove anything from the forum and 99% of threads started by our members remain on the forum.

Best wishes

Claire

Why? This isn't a gardening or needlework forum. MND can be grim, depressing and sad. When one of the family posts something so serious it shouldn't be moderated.

You can't sanitise the forum or pretend this disease is anything other than cruel.

There is a lot of sunshine and lighter moments on here but you shouldn't try and hide the reality.

Thanks Claire;

I understand a little.

Please try to modify posts if at all possible rather than delete them and I do appreciate it is not always possible.

Regards Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.