• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    Forum Member
    • May 2012

I afraid that I missed it Laila;
    Moto GP and BSB at Brands on the 7th and World S B from Aragon on the 14th of April. Don’t have sky or free sat so I will have to wait till they appear on the old time stations. Will have to get up to date with my TV as we are in a fairly poor aerial coverage area and my internet connection is not perfect.
    I put together a spread sheet with the dates of Moto GP, BSB, WSB and F1 races. If anyone would like a copy send an PM with your email address and I can attach it.
    Watching British Touring Cars now.
    Love Terry
    Last edited by Terry; 3 April 2013, 17:42. Reason: Offering spread sheet to anyone
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Laila

Hi Terry I remember watching the transatlantic trophy and saw Freddie spencer and Barry sheene race at silver stone. I lived in Sutton so not too far to travel. Carol (Laila)

Comment

• Terry
        Forum Member
        • May 2012

Carol I was there too, Marshaling in the pits or around Copse Corner. We used to camp in the circuit for the three days, great fun. Was it run over Easter, can't remember this weather. It was good to see the different stiles of the Americans as many had not raced in the rain, but their dirt track racing quite often made up for that.
        Very enjoyable series, love Terry
        Last edited by Terry; 31 March 2013, 20:58. Reason: You must remember me, I was the one with the Barry Sheen jacket on, I got it cheep
        TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Laila

Terry can't remember if run over Easter. it seemed like at the time I was in the company of the heros. Watching those guys race in those days was something else. I felt great on my road bike even though I only travelled around 55 mph . Speed wasn't important. The fact that I was,on a bike and cruising was good

Comment

• roy

Hi Terry Laila ,

I was there at Silverstone when the great Sheen and Roberts raced one of the most exciting races i had the pleasure of watching just wondered if you guys watched that one,I also enjoyed Eddie Lawson riding the Kwaker , in some respects Stoner on the notorious Ducati reminded me of Eddies achievement.
            Had the opportunity to take on Silverstone,Cadwell,Castlcom, Oulton and my favourite Donnington. Favourite bike but by no means the fastest I owned but great in its time was a Kwaka Z900b, fastest a blade and my last a zrx1200. Biggest mileage big a Suzuki GS850g at 59,000 miles,
            used it for commuting and touring the length and breadth of Europe over 2years.the last ride was this day last year on a warm sunny day did 150 miles knew it was my last and sold it on eBay a week later together with my Dainese leathers and Shoei helmets. For me loved touring,
            but on track getting my knee down and keeping the throttle open as long as possible was a pleasure.

Comment

• roy

Breaking news Lorenzo moved to Honda from Yamaha,didn't want to be in the same team as Rossi.
              Can imagine the Doctor is well chuffed.

Comment

• Laila

Yes Roy I could imagine that too. Wonder who the replacement might be? Max Biaggi return might be lots of fun.

Comment

• roy

Hi guys,

Got sucked into an April fools joke hook line and sinker with Lorenzo,
                  Yep stitched up like a kipper.

Roy.

Comment

• Laila

Roy,

Kind of guessed but thought you had started it!!!

Comment

• Terry
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2012

I was hooked on the line too, it made sense. We are such an easy target.
                      Never mind, Terry

Comment

• Terry
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2012

MotoGP on BBC2 19:30 hrs Sunday

Comment

• Laila

Terry, first practice session in Qatar: Rossi, Lorenzo and Crutchleow in top 3, all Yamaha. Hondas way behind and ducatis slow. I bet Rossi is happy!

Comment

• Terry
                            Forum Member
                            • May 2012

Oh Sugar; I bet my hat that a Honda would beet the Yam's. Great that they all infront, (I don't think).
                            Time will tell, love Terry

Friday Practice Marc Marquez fastest! Phew.
                            Last edited by Terry; 5 April 2013, 16:30. Reason: Good news

Comment

• roy

Crutchlow looking good fingers crossed he can keep his composure, been a while since we've had a Brit on the podium,seen him win many times in BSB and WSB so he could pull off

Comment

• roy

Well a comfortable win for Lorenzo but so good to see Rossi racing again,most make him feel good and I look forward to the next round in the states.

Comment

Working...
                                X