Motorbike Mania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuzzerB

Good choice of drivers but as we all know now Vettel is not a team player. Not saying I agree with team orders but if you are given an instruction it should be obeyed. As they say "there is no I in Team"

Keith.

Comment

• pete

Hiya Keith,,

Expect it's a nice night in Spain, it's getting a bit better here, but not quick enough, as for the red demons ,not many drivers can get to grips with them it's always been the same, but when they get it right and it's a passion for them, and you get a driver of fernando's ability ,that's going to be hard to beat , just think with all the teams this year seem to have chances to get podiums, for a change , for me that's what racings all about ,tend to give credit to the guy who wins the race,
      Know what Terry means ,but I wonder how much is down to the media just loves us to have heroes and villains

Regards
      Pete

Comment

• BuzzerB

Yes Pete, weather great, low twenties daytime and mid teens at night. Hope it warms up for you soon.
        I think we could be in for another season like last year with no easy run away winners. Makes for exciting television for the occasional viewer.
        You are absolutely right, the media love to stoke the fires of controversy.

Cheers

Keith.

Comment

• roy

Evening Gents,

Alonso is a great skill,great tactics and yes has the skill to tame a Ferrari ,just like stoner the only rider to a moto GP red duke,
          Not even the great Rossi could crack that one.My money would be on Alonso but so many incidents could stop him.
          Feel sorry or webber being stitched up like a Kipper by Vettal then rubbish luck on Sunday or was it driver error.
          I enjoyed the race and is becoming far more exciting these days,hoping Hamilton continues his podium success
          and would be good to see Mercedes do it again.Roll on Sunday with 2 races to watch.
          Terry have you sussed a free-view channel for WSB by any chance.

Best Roy.

Comment

• Laila

Hi Roy, WSB and BSB are on Eurosport, but I don't think that is freeview, don't know if on other channels. Looking forward to the motogp this Sunday.

Comment

• Terry
              Forum Member
              • May 2012

No Roy;
              I keep looking, last year they showed about a half hour of it early in the morning, but a week later. I think it was on channel 4 or 5.
              Not seen anything this year yet.
              Love Terry
              TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• john

Hi Roy,
                Channel 4 have round 2 of world FIM Superbikes on at 6.40 am on Saturday 20 th April if that is the right race. From Aragon in North East Spain. Won't be available on 4 on demand so if you can't get up you will have to record .

John

Comment

• Terry
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2012

Very well done John, you can join our club know.
                  Cheers Terry
                  TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• roy

Hi John,

Legend

Many thanks

Roy.

Comment

• Laila

Moto GP first free practice at Austin, texas just finished, three Hondas at front, Marquez, Pedrosa, Bradl, then Yamahas Lorenzo, Rossi. Ducatis way back. Marquez is looking fast.

Comment

• Laila

MotoGP is on BBC 3 at 7.30 pm Sunday. Marquez is on pole, then Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Crutchlow. Marquez really throws the bike around. I still think Rossi might sneak onto the podium. Should be a good race.

Comment

• Laila

Great motogp race today with some razzmatazz ceremony courtesy of Texas and a good crowd. I don't know if the club have all seen it so I am wary of posting the results as don't want to spoil it for others, other,than to say that team Honda did very well. There was a bit on Colin Edwards, his home in USA, family and career. What a really nice guy ! Definitely my favourite racer, but unfortunately he had to retire from the race. Ben Spies another American was low in the results after injuries. So not such a good day for the home racers.

Comment

• spyderpad

Hi Laila , my husband rode Harley's for years, some of my favorite memories are of going to Florida hiring a Goldwing and riding to Daytona or CoCoa Beach. Biking is so different over there, short sleeves and shorts. Would have been serious road rash if he had laid it down, but unlike most peoople we did wear helmets. It was a sad day when he had to sell his bike. xx

Comment

• Laila

hi Carol,

Sorry to hear situation. Must have been good riding in America in good weather (unlike Scotland!), I have some very happy memories of riding. Carol x (Laila was my nickname in Egypt)

Comment

• roy

Some good racing today,looks like Marquise has made great start remember watching him a few years back being dominant in 125 and
                                motor 2. Great to see Cal doing well with forth.must be worth a mention for Hamilton being 3rd in the standings and again some great racing
                                In F1.Soon be TT Happy days.

Comment

Working...
                                X