Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: G&TS club

Hi Carol et al,
    Mescal and I don’t mix well! Or at least we didn’t 25 years ago when I was a student working in the States and I haven’t had it since. Thankfully I discovered gin, or better still, the Singapore Sling!
    Has anyone tried medicinal cannabis (nabiximols) to relieve spasticity?
    Ellie.
    Last edited by Ellie; 14th September 2013 at 12:28.

Hi Ellie, erm what's the Singapore sling? I haven't tried medicinal cannabis but am interested in it as well. Carol

A deliciously drinkable gin-based cocktail, which unfortunately I haven't had for a while.
    Yeah, medicinal cannabis is of interest and I reckon it has fewer side effects than what I take.

GRRRR. Im bereft of big brother. Noooo not Andrew, all hail Andrew. But the TV show. Once my carers have tucked me up and poured me a G&TS (or three) i have amused myself recently by watching Big Bro on my iPad then Celebrity big brother. Now they have all finished apart from the G&TS . I can't even generate new business models on swimming pool holes. I think Frank as a new G&TS member can come up with the new spark on getting canal boats moving while drinking mescal and listening to Marvin Gaye full blast. I only hope we can negotiate the locks?.?.. Laila xxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Laila; 15th September 2013 at 08:18.

Just to let you all know Laila is ok.

I emailed her two weeks back and she replied saying, " thanks for the racing dates. My hands are not working very well, so I am limited in what I can do on websites. I'm getting good care at the care home."

Cheers Terry

That's lovely to hear Terry. Please pass on my love and best wishes and tell her I'll raise a glass to her later.

Wendy x

Forum Member
    I heard from her last week and she regularly checks into our forum musings.

Forum Member
    Hi all, especially Laila, now I'm no Rory or Roy or even come close to your sense of humour Laila, but with the weather being so nice and you talking about canal boats....maybe you can have a tie in with the motorbike thread and the canal boats and perhaps Frank and the rest of the MND bike angels could tie the rope of the canal boat to a few bikes and pull it along, while Laila has her carers ensure that G and T or Chardonnay or a cocktail of some sort is regularly pumped through to give her a serene look like a swan on the water. CC could then send some home made Italian anti pasti via her pigeon post....that would make for a lovely afternoon.
    I hope you enjoyed the sun today Laila, I shall be having a gin and tonic, well actually an apple and blackberry gin and tonic that my sister in law made, it is a wonderful pink colour when the tonic is added and is a really refreshing drink, hic hic.
    with love (and I wish Rory could have upgraded this post as he so often did god Bless him)
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXberdbrainXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX

Forum Member
    So glad that Laila is doing ok. Like Debbie I have been thinking of her and Rory what with F1 and the Six Nations. Your post Debbie was great and in said in the way that Rory would have. Take care everyone. Love Diane

It's great to hear Laila is doing well. Thanks for the update Terry.

Debbie, the bikes towing the boat reminded me of being offered to be 'bump started' by another boat owner last year; we had run the batteries flat and couldn't get the engine started. It took ages for me to try and explain (via Jacky and the iPad) the flaw in his plan
    xx Frank
    'An eye for an eye', leaves the whole world blind.