Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The cough is taking over

Forum Member
    just wanted to add thanks to Terry, Wendy Pete and Rory for your always invaluable input too
    I'm still laughing about CC asking what the eurovision is...soo funny
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Forum Member
    I am afraid that things have taken a rapid turn for the worse.......after going in all guns, nicely, on Monday, my beautifl sister is failing rapidly . The cough was so awful and on Monday she just couldn't get any relief, no relief, no relief, I was with and am with her constantly since Sunday and Saturday. On Monday afternoon the problem is shallow breathing and low sats, but chest clear. Anyway the 'black cloud'progressed to galloping by Monday evening and she agreeed to the injectionsof midazolam and morphine and buscopam. This is the road of no return and we have had to give in and realise that because of the way her muscles have been affected and the result being the shallow breathing that ther is nohpe of relief.
    She got through the night, and she nnow has 2 syringe drivers and more meds and sheis still fighting and we are all with her and she is so strong, she is wonderful but God this is so awful. All her fmaily and her extended family are in and out and we are just supporting her and makign sure she is 'comfortable' and I amhoping this will comfort us and especially her 19 year oldneice my daughter, when the worst happens. This is golden time for us and we are priveleged to be a part of her time. I am doing the best I can for her, and her husband is doing well - everyody is supporting each other and I would not have wanted it to be any other way......in one way we have been so lucky, but thisis haaard.
    You can see it is 11.54 and there is a wonderful Marie Curie nurse her til 7am and then the Iain Rennie nurses will call and we may just be tellling them Lynnehas passed away or they may be telling us just tobe with her and love her as we have been...who knows, only God.
    With love and prayers to you all..........and to add that her daughter in law pushed her baby bump under Lynne's arm so that she could feelthe kicking, our beautiful Roisin is sleeping with her tonight too and \I wsas with her last night so we've got it all covered.
    I can overspend my kisses credit so
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX DebbieXXXX

Forum Member
    So sorry things have taken a turn for the worse. I hope your Sis has comfort in the knowledge that the people that mean the most to her are with her now.

God bless
    CCx

Forum Member
    So hard but so special. My thoughts are with you Debbie. I can almost feel the blanket of love the family have wrapped her in. Wishing you all the strength and support you need.

Magic

So sorry, this is such an awful time. Be strong, sweet friend xx

Forum Member
    Dearest Debbie, so sorry to hear that things are not well. I am sure that your sister knows that you are all around her and she can feel the love that is coming from you all. Be strong Debbie as I know you can be, this is so hard for you all. My thoughts will be with Lynne and all of you. Love Diane.

Hi Debbie,

I cannot add anything to the other Gang members wishes, I think we all know how your feeling at this time ,and saying how sorry we all are does not quite sum up our feelings for you and the family, Lynne knows you are all there for her and that is a great comfort to her ,just to add we are thinking of you ,and sending our love, prayers along with many others, to you guys at this difficult time.

All our Best wishes to you all

Pete, Lynne, Vicky and Abbee.
    XXXX

I'm so sorry to read this. Your sister is very lucky to have you all there with her.

Thinking of you all

Wendy xx

Forum Member
    You have shared your love and concern for your sister on the forum. We therefore understand a little of how difficult this must be. Keep strong.

Dear Debbie

We are so sorry that Lynne has weakened but she will be hugely aware of the love you and your family have for her and always will.we hope that the days ahead find her comfortable and peaceful and for you to find the strength to share the happy memories you have had together.

You are allowed as many kisses and hugs as you need - a big kiss ang hug from us

Rory and Irene
    Xxxxxxxxxxxx !
    New Year's resolution -not to get MND again !