Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smarting

Smarting

Hi all, does anybody suffer with smarting around the facial area, for the past few months I have suffered with this and it is getting more intense.

For the past three weeks Pat has used just water to wash my face but this has not cured the problem. We have tried various facial scrubs and lotions that have been prescribed but find these aggravate my problem.

I am beginning to think that perhaps I have suddenly developed an allergy perhaps to milk as my condition seems to be worse after breakfast, then after a couple of hours abates until I've had lunch, which is usually a sandwich and a cup of tea with milk.

This is not just an itch it is smarting of the skin, which is unbearable Pat tells me the skin is dry in these areas. We have tried various creams and find E45 about the best for the dry skin but it does not relieve the pain.

Regards Bob
    We are the Champions my friends,we'll go on fighting till the end.

Max

@@@@@@@@@

MND is stowaway on My life journey.
    Take free ride but I'M DRIVER HERE!!!!

@@@@@@@@@

Hi Bob;
    I have had a bit of fugal trouble since I have had Mnd. This usually shows on the outside of my index fingers and can appear around my nose and a bit of the face. Doubt that is what you have but might be worth asking the doctor about.
    Best wishes, Terry

Hi Bob,

Yep had dry skin flaking around forehead,use coco butter really helps.

Roy.
    Good as it gets :-)

Hi Big Bob,

just a thought have you tried Hydrocortisone Cream, It used to be prescription only ,but I think it's now available over the counter, Have to say I have tried E45 stuff and it did nothing for me, but like everything else it's suck it and see time, Hope you find something Mate ,must be driving you nuts . The other thing is do you use a wet or electric shaver ?, I can't use electric shavers ,I end up getting really sensitive skin for days if I use dry shavers.

Regs
    Pete.

hi all, interesting this as I get weird skin things going on. Pimples on forehead, yikes! Dry skin on legs. Red rash looking thingy sometimes on my face and chest, sometimes heat like bumps that come and go almost like an allergy. Sometimes some prickly pins and needles like feelings which I put down to MND. I saw on another forum that some people reported sunburn type feelings and skin pains, which was treated succesfully as a nerve pain/neuropathy with gabapentin. My poor GP is coming tomorrow and I'm going to hit him with some of these weird symptoms, poor man. Just cos I have MND doesnt mean I can't get infections and other stuff going on as well. Sometimes I get the feeling that now im labelled with MND then I'm not curable , but that doesn't mean I can't be curable of an infection. Carol

Hi all, thanks for the response, the at the moment I'm awaiting the doctor.
    Terry I have tried fungal washes but no luck,
    Max will check out those free samples on that site cheers.
    Pete, I do use an electric razor, always have done but Pat has to do it now.
    Roy, have tried cocoa butter, but no success, it was not wasted as Pat swears by it.
    Carol have a look at that site Max suggested above, may be of help and there is free samples.
    I will let you all know the outcome of the doctors visit
    Warmest Regards Bob

Forum Member
    ooooo Robert we have been having the same problem in the last 2 days and I put some Cavillon cream on and it has eased it over night, Micks is right were his cough assist mask goes but don't think that has caused it, anyway hopefully its going as fast as it came, Hope this helps you xx Ang

Hi Ang, Dr prescribed a fungal wash, but didn't realise we had already tried it until after the doctor and gone, anyway, found it in the drawer and used it, then realised why it was put at the back of a drawer. It felt like my face was burning off, so washed it off and telephone Dr.
    He prescribed a hydrocortisone cream which I've used a couple of times and fingers crossed it's working. We've put the fungal wash at the back of a drawer again he did say use the fungal wash then the cream, but I'll stick with the cream for now.
    Warmest regards to you and Mick Bob x

Rather than start a new post I thought I would revive this one after I searched "Rash".
    Dad not well at all and in hospital on medical management after a few problems with care at home .
    He has a rash that is driving him mad and many creams have been and gone in an effort to provide some relief. Some medication has been withdrawn and today a decision has been made to withdraw all medication and place him on a course or steroids.
    I noted that Laila mentioned gabapentin that is also used to control hot flushes as the rash turns bright red as he attempts to expel phlegm.
    As a side - I spent Mothers day in hospital with Dad as he has all but lost his speech and is struggling to communicate with the patient but busy nursing staff.
    He has had precious little by mouth as his concentrated peg feed is administered before the meal tray comes out and he has no appetite, so I got in early and told them I would do his peg after lunch.
    Despite the length of time it took he ate rice pudding and a bowl of ice cream savoring every mouthful - it was like feeding a donkey strawberries. (and yes I have done that as well as acorns to a pig - but that's a different story).
    I have no idea where the time went but I am sure someone on here can beat 55 minutes for a bowl of rice pudding.
    regards to all P.