Thread: Buddhism

Buddhism

Im Buddhist and have been for most of my life, though I was brought up by a Christian mother and a father brought up in the cauldron of Irish religion and politics where he saw his father shot dead on the streets of Belfast in religious conflict and who eschewed all religion. I am now turning to my religion again and have been listening on YouTube to some of my old teachers thoughts and 'sermons' . If anyone is interested I can pass the links to these on.

Carol
    Last edited by Laila; 23rd May 2013 at 08:21.

Hi Laila,

I take the view all faiths are good when the values and lessons bring out the best people,
    For most who follow the interpretation for good encourages people to live a full life of kindness
    and consideration unfortunately in all faiths can be interpreted in form of hatred and evil.
    I feel sorry for good law abiding Muslims for they will be persecuted by evil mindless people.

Roy.
    Good as it gets :-)

Hi Laila;
    I am not religious but I do like most of the values of Buddhists. They appear to be calm and kind people that wouldn't hurt a flea. It is good to have a religion that does not teach or promote aggression.
    But you must of ridden your motor bike very slowly to not kill the flies.
    Love Terry

Hi Terry,

Used to constantly get flies stuck to my front teeth,another favourite wasp in crash helmet but the very worst was riding towards
    St Tropez wasp in the jacket got stung in the middle of chest.i then sported a chest like Bridget Bardo a right TT.

Roy
    Good as it gets :-)

Terry and Roy, my encounter with a bee in the corner of my eye hit at 40 mph was an experience. Bad karma there!!! Carol

Folks should read about Buddism it is a way of of taking all the suffering out of life and making you a kind caring person, when you pass on you may be reborn through the spirit of a new born depending how you have been during your lifetime is dependant on what you will be in your next life! interested get studying.
    as you can see from the picture below I have Karma, I think
    IMG_0017.jpg
    Last edited by koolsilver; 21st July 2013 at 10:03.