Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding Photos to Albums

jadedjohn

Adding Photos to Albums

being a nosey sort of person, how about making peoples profile have a photo album, so you could upload your memorable images, i use another forum, www.a2oc.net and you can upload images to that one, have a look.

john

SGD
    Sounds a great idea John - bit technical for me - I can just about log in!
    Steve (SGD)

SGD
    Thanks - SGD
    Steve Dolby

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tourangang View Post
    being a nosey sort of person, how about making peoples profile have a photo album, so you could upload your memorable images, i use another forum, www.a2oc.net and you can upload images to that one, have a look.

john
    Hi John,

If you go into your profile tab (at the top of the screen for those who haven't found it yet) and then down the left hand column you shouldnsee 'Add Album'. There is a facility there to add photo albums. It won't appear when you view other peoples profiles unless they have added some.

Let me know if you have any problems using this function... and I'll check www.a2oc.net out later today when I get chance

Edit: I have looked into the photo album facility and added my own album to double check it. I f anyone needs any info on how to use the photo albums just let me know
    Last edited by Robyn Copley-Hirst; 13th December 2010 at 17:47. Reason: to add info

jadedjohn
    hi Robyn - i have looks, under "forum Actions" then Edit profile, and i cant see any "add album" tab?

John

Chris
    John, when you go on your profile look down the left hand side, under were your avatar is there's a tab to add an album. I've not tried to add one myself yet but I will soon.

Chris.

jadedjohn
    great found it - my photos are too big - i need to find out the max file size now!

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tourangang View Post
    great found it - my photos are too big - i need to find out the max file size now!
    Filetype Max Filesize Max Width Max Height
    bmp 19.5 KB 620 280
    gif 19.5 KB 620 280
    jpe 19.5 KB 620 280
    jpeg 19.5 KB 620 280
    jpg 97.7 KB - -
    png 19.5 KB 620 280

Hi John, when you go to 'upload pictures' you get a pop up box where you can select images or upload files from your computer. In that box in the top right corner there is a little question mark. If you click it you get the info I've pasted above.

I will say, though, that two of my images are 101kb (jpg)... so there does seem to be a bit of slack in terms of the file size in my album at least.

I'm going to move this info into a seperate thread, John, as I think a few people are starting to put images of themselves in their profile and also looking at albums. They'll be able to find this info easier that way I think.

Best Regards,

Robyn

jadedjohn
    Thanks Robyn or perhaps put a link there so people can use thier photobucket/flckr accounts - that way, it wont clog up your server space

john

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    No problem, John... and the links are most definitely easier if people already have their photos online somewhere with the URL.

Take care, Robyn