Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PEG feeding problems

Forum Member
    Help KS,
    There was some doubt if Peter, my husband, could have PEg procedure because of his breathing and dependence on PEG. MND nurse and gastroenterologist mention gastro nasal feeding. This involves food being fed into the stomach via the nose. I was not impressed and pleased he was able to have the PEG procedure. Two week s after leaving hospital he is really struggling to eat and I am relieved that we have the PEG to ensure adequate nutrition.

Magic

Thank's for the replies, I did not think that I was getting anywhere that is why I made a new post, thank's again for your input

My mum died from peritonitis as a result of a leaky peg inserted at papworth, two and a half days after insertion. She was 70 and 13 months post diagnosis with good upper body strength.

Forum Member
    My husband John had his peg put in 2 years ago and we have had no problems feeding .Its been an absolute god send during this spell of hot weather .I have been able to get the extra fluids needed into him via the peg.John also has a supapubic catheter in so needs the extra fluids to keep that running clear.xx Irene xx