Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when will it start getting easier

Forum Member

when will it start getting easier

Sorry to be on a downer but i lost rob in feb and thought i was coping reasonably well but today i am sorting out the shed and all of a sudden i have cried for the last hour.i am so bloody angry i have been left alone.i amonly 53 and we should have had many years left.i feel totally scared all of a sudden.my son has just left home and i have two fantastic daughters but what do i do now.a very sad and angry confused caroline x

Hugs to you caz, you are a wonderfully strong and sensitive woman. Accept that it comes in waves, my sweet. It is early days .... Still xxx. There's no time limit on this for any of us. you are not alone, but it will get easier. Xxx

Forum Member
    More hugs from far away sent out to you as well Caroline. Do agree with Lolly, there is no time limit on grief. Oddly the small simplest things can trigger the biggest emotions. Do believe time is a great helper as well.

Stay Strong
    CCx

Hi Caz,

I lost Irene 1 year ago last March but it still gets to me. Last month wedding anniversary, next month her birthday. As CC says you will never forget but it does get easier to accept the finality of it all. I still struggle to get into a routine and we worked and played together so it was very much 24/7. i miss her most when I am having to clean the bathroom - can't think why that should be.

Hugs and kisses. Have some of DebbiesXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

john

Forum Member
    Caz i lost my hubby in april and keep busy with grandchildren, but am aware i need to build a life of my own to day i decided to sort out paper work bad move letters from utility company s stating sorry for the death of or please confirn the death off i wanted to scream but instead have spent all day in tears.

Take care love Petal

Forum Member
    Hi letty john cc and petal.thankyou for your lovely supportive words yesterday.they really mean a lot.afraid i was a bit of a wuss yesterday.! I think its as you say john its the first reminders anniversary etc that hits home.that was only june then fri it was 29 years since we actually got engaged and this week people ,even though they meant well were saying your still young you will meet somebody else and it all got to me.i have a calmer head on this morning and am not going to do any work but sit at the top of the garden where robs ashes are and read and eat rubbish food lol.lots of love.caroline xxxx ps and all the kisses were gratefully received x

Hi Caz,
    Don't forget the suncream and the G & T.
    enjoy

john

Hi Caroline,

Pleased that you feel a little better today,hope you've taken Johns sound and caring thoughts on board.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Roy xxxxxxxxxx
    Good as it gets :-)

Forum Member
    Dear Caz and Petal, I am sure that every day must feel like a battle some you will win and they will be good days, others you will lose and they will be bad days. You are two very strong lovely ladies, as all the others have said their is no time limit on grief it does not go away time only makes it a bit easier to bear. Although I still have Ed and consider it a privilege to be his wife, I hope that I can be as strong as you two have been. I will be thinking of you both. Try to enjoy the sunshine and hope that the good days are more than the bad days. Love Diane xxx

Hey Caroline

Please give some tips tonIrene about clearing out the shed ! She uses it as a dumping ground for the junk she buys !
    Having said that it does contain a large fridge full of wine !
    I hope we have enough for an Ashes victory celebration !
    Look after yourself and remember the good times - what made you and Rob laugh together ?

Rory

Some of Debbie's unused quota xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    New Year's resolution -not to get MND again !