Thread: johns toe

Forum Member

Thumbs up johns toe

Been a while since I got chance to pop on here but I thought I would give you an update on johns amputated toe.As you may remember John got a massive infection in his foot following the amputation.After a further four week stay in hospital,where might I add he received excellent care,he was sent home on antibiotics.Unfotunately the infection wouldn't clear up and John had to have another operation to remove more of the foot.Another couple of weeks stay in hospital.Hes now home again still on antibiotics but the infection touch wood seems to have gone.Hes been very cheerful all through this even when hes been in great pain.Hes in his 21st year with MND and I have to admire his guts and determination.Hope all is well with everyone keep smiling xxx Irene xxx

Forum Member
    Gosh, he has not had it easy. All those weeks in hospital must have been very trying for both of you. Glad to hear he got good treatment in there. Hope you both have an easier time now.

Magic

Hi Irene,

When I hear of people's journeys both pals and carers fills me with admiration for the way both John and yourself
    have coped all these years with love and care.I truly hope Peter starts to feel more comfortable.

My very best wishes to you both

Roy x
    Good as it gets :-)