Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our new project are done.... new windows ready one....

Hello Caz,
    Well good as ever to hear from you , If you can tackle taking up laminate flooring ,The blind is well within your capabilities , been much the same with the bride this end seeing her wielding a hammer is enough for me the drill is locked away for now !!!, Not that it is my trade, but I think your quote isn't far out in today's prices ,and yes kids are treasures to have around but know what your saying , and if you resort to getting the sisters around, be the the Gaffa and delegate all the difficult jobs to them showing you have complete faith in them ?.

Regards
    Pete
    X
    All I need is a miracle

yuppie Building Control was more then happy whit our windows...... now we just need to wait for certificates. and he LOVED our entry double opened doors ....so we are ready to help another people in need when he need a new windows or door.
    Max

@@@@@@@@@

MND is stowaway on My life journey.
    Take free ride but I'M DRIVER HERE!!!!

@@@@@@@@@

I have worked in window sales most of my life, I ended up selling American and Canadian windows to rich and famous.
    But with the uPVC industry they are all struggling at the moment, so you should be able to get a good deal, do not tell them what your budget is, its so easy for the to extract this information, just tell them you have a budget for windows and if their quote does not come within that budget they will not get the order if it does then they can have the order, this works because I had Anglian windows and his first price was way off and after he gave me his relations discount it came well within my budget, they later came back to quote for the Facia and Soffets and the same thing happened, so all our windows and doors are done and so is the Facia and Soffit's.
    PS
    Depending on your property if it is a conventional Brick build the window company should use Fisher Fixings, to secure the windows and doors.

If your property is timber framed the they should use non corrosive screw's to secure the windows and doors.

I would only use a company that has been around for at least 10 years, and of some repute, are they going to come out when you have an issue, due they have service engineers, or is just the fitter who did not do job correctly the first time.

If you have a larger budget then is much more choice than just uPVC there are several American window companies trading in the UK that sell wooden windows clad on exterior with aluminium, they also can supply bi Folding door Curved Patio and Bi Folding doors, available in all different wood species like Oak, Douglas Fir, Clear Pine, ext.

rockledge1.jpg

Max, you didn't ring him on the tele then ,you know,Ya buy one Ya get one free,Ya buy one, Ya get one free,Top banana,which he is,the irritating little punk.
    We are the Champions my friends,we'll go on fighting till the end.

Hi Kool,

My map of Buckinghamshire doesn't show a coast line. How did you manage your photo angle?

John

John just look on top of his pick around 2 o'clock and You be see US flags....
    Max

@@@@@@@@@

@@@@@@@@@

Forum Member
    Hi Max,

Remember, any home adaptations necessary due to MND are VAT exempt, like Barry said.

Nice windows!
    Last edited by Graham; 18th July 2013 at 21:04.

Forum Member
    Hi koolsilver hope you can help with french door problem then as they were fitted couple months ago by local builder who does good work.when i lock the right one i have two use both arms to push it up to lock it.not with the left side.he said sometimes they can be a hardbit hard to start with but i dug out a can of robs maintenance spray to see if that would loosen something but no joy.any tips gratefully received.have sent him a text but hes not got back yet.it feels like something is stuck and the bottom slightly catches as well.many thanks .caroline xx

Graham
    tx and I know and my job was tax free so cant do any more....

Caz can U can do some video whit this problem?? ore some picture?? i can ask my installer what's happen...
    Max

@@@@@@@@@

@@@@@@@@@

Forum Member
    Thank you max what a lovely thing to do.had my bay window installed today and even though they didnt fit the door said they would fix it for me!there are so many kindhearted people on here and out there it restores some faith.lots of love .caroline xxx