Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worried about Rory..not a bump!

Forum Member
    Hi rory great to have you back xx regarding remote control rob had a system that was linked up to tv with favourites set which he control by tapping with his foot.he could have had other things ie recliner chair tuned to it but it helped enormously as he could watch what he wanted without having to ask someone else.ot arranged to get it done.rob wore his nippy all the time as well but i think there is an option of a nasal mask which doesnt cover the mouth ,worth askng resp nurse about that.ages ago rob showed me how to use onscreen keyboard so you only have to slightly move mouse with one finger to use it.it should be on one of my old posts.hope these ideas help.lots of love as always.caroline.xxx

Caroline is referring to her Thread “On screen keyboard tip” started on 3/4/12, by Caz.
    It says:-
    ‘go on laptop/computer go into All programs; then Accessories; then Ease of access and finally Onscreen keyboard.
    This then brings up an onscreen keyboard and you only have to slightly move mouse only and not use your fingers for typing. It’s really easy’
    Not my words and I don’t know about ‘I Pad people’.
    Worth get the speech therapist around and asking about other alternatives just in case you need it.
    Good to hear from you Rory

Cool

Thanks for that Caz and Terry

I remember the post about the single control - so I will investigate - does it work for the lawnmower as well ? Not forgetting the swimming pool filter !

I do have a nasal mask but I cannot get used to it - it makes me sneeze,

which makes me bite my Tongue and lip

which then makes me go for the suction machine to clear the blood and mucus from my nose and mouth,

This leaves a nasty taste in the mouth, so I have a drink, and then this encourages more suction

, leading to breathlessness, which makes me put on the nasal mask again. - and then the process starts again!

All this activity promotes me to commence farting which seems infectious as the missus starts letting rip !

This anxiety and mayhem means a quick dash in the wheelchair in the now thickening smog, to the loo before all hell breaks loose !

In the meantime I have probably missed the plot in the film or missed a crucial goal on the TV

You can therefore appreciate Caz , that the nasal mask triggers a new set of symptoms and gives me the s..ts. !

When I relayed my predicament to my local GP she simply remarked

" At least we have found a cure for your constipation !"

Every cloud has a silver lining eh !

Got to go. - feel a sneeze coming on!

Cheers

Rory
    Last edited by Rory; 28th July 2013 at 19:11. Reason: Don't try this at home !
    New Year's resolution -not to get MND again !

Forum Member
    Hi rory i was just sitting here having a little weep over rob and then i read your post.that made me laugh my head off lol.thanks for that.talking of constipation laxido from the dr works wonders!!!!! Lots of love as always.caroline xxxx

Forum Member
    Lots of common ground for you and Roy then Rory, thank God the windows can be open!
    bottoms up!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBBXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXX

Hi Rory,
    What did you fuel that typing finger with yesterday evening? I want some!
    I look like I’m permanently waiting for a fist fight with my hands and so can’t type. I use a joystick instead of a mouse (my hand curls around the joystick) a click button between the knees and an onscreen predictive keyboard.
    I can just about manage the TV remote, using a knuckle. I recently tried one of the multi-control gadgets and they are certainly useful; next step for me, whenever.
    Good luck with your quest,
    Ellie.

Rory, silver lining, silver surfer, gold humor.
    Only you can make such a situation so funny.
    Love Terry.

Caz
    I tried the nasal mask last night - now i have a sore nose and ears !
    Oh well bring on another cream !
    I will look like a pickled egg after that !

Rory

Quote Originally Posted by berdbrain View Post
    Lots of common ground for you and Roy then Rory, thank God the windows can be open!
    bottoms up!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBBXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXX
    roy and I performed the 21 gun salute for the new royal arrival!

Ellie
    It took a couple of hours to compose with a few rests in between!
    I know what you mean about the fists

Better knuckle down now!

Rory