Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: excessive saliva control

bern47
    thanks Robyn ,im trying to upload fotos,

Forum Member
    Hi my mum finds the suction machine really good for the excessive salive. it helps her to get some sleep. she uses mucodyne 3x a day and the suction machine when required. the machine can also be useful for getting food out that is stuck and can't be brought up

kind regards
    luce

Forum Member
    hi. i take 3 amptripline at night and it works. my consultant did this for me.
    i have bulbar mnd. i eat all the cream cakes etc and chocolate as much as
    i want now. important to keep weight up. annette.

Forum Member
    My husband John takes amitriptyline 2 each morning and wears scoperderm patches last year we had a problem getting the patches and our gp gave us kwells on presciption and they worked better than anything.They did make him a little sleepy at first but after about 3 days he was fine

Forum Member
    My husband Mark takes Amitriptyline at night and Glycopyrronium Bromide solution through his PEG during the day. He has tried everything and the Glycop.... is the most effective. He also has 3 monthly botox injections into his saliva glands. Drooling (which was bad - big time) is completely under control. Mucodyne keeps the mouth secretions thin rather than thick and gloopy which caused him choking before his tracheostomy.

Mu mum has now started on Glycopyrronium Bromide. I'll let you all know if it sorts out her saliva problem.
    Support the fight against MND: O Motor Neurone Disease Awareness Bands O

Forum Member
    Matt - how is your mum taking the Glycopyrronium? Mark has his via PEG - its injection solution diluted. Getting the dose right is important because we once actually dried Mark up too much!!!! Once we got it right it has worked brilliantly. Handy to have a mouth moisteriser (fake saliva spray) available from the dentist just incase mouth gets a little dry - bit of a balancing act.

Alice
    Propanthaline seems to work!

Forum Member
    I amalso on glycopyrronium bromide now. It is in oral solution form which I dilute with water. Seems to be working!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed because this is the first thing that has worked - I think I have tried all the other alternatives on offer.

Forum Member
    Hi,

My Mum started taking Propanthaline Bromide a week ago. Overnight she noticed that her speech got worse (quite bad anyway) and her walking got slower (again quite bad anyway). We are going to phone the Doc about this tomorrow but wondered if anyone else had experienced anything like this or any problems on Propantheline Bromide?

Bels