Thread: Hand splint from Remap

Hand splint from Remap

Hi everyone,

I have recently been in need of an aid to help me to continue using my iPad my hands have starting clawing and it was getting increasingly difficult, I have been waiting for an appointment with the oxford enablement centre for over a month but though friends and family I found out about the wonderful charity Remap. http://www.remap.org.uk who visited within 24 hrs of the first phone call and made a solution to my problem within 3days they work for donations only and try to help many disabled people their website is well worth a visit and they cover most areas of the country.
    Good as it gets :-)

Wow, thanks and handy to know! Glad they got something in place for you.

Thanks Roy;

What have they provided for you and how well does it work. It would be nice to see a photo if poss.

Cheers Terry

Hi everyone,

Well Roy it's working well mate !good to see you are able to post with the help of the gadget , and what's more the spellings improved too !!,
    Just thinking about our Robert ,have you heard from him lately , I have not seen his name on the members on line for a while ??

Pete
    All I need is a miracle

Hi Roy;

Hope you don't mind me showing your finger, it seams a simple idea that some hospitals would follow.

Let us know of any draw backs etc.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]239[/ATTACH)image (2).jpg

Regards Terry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum Member
    I feel I am channeling Rory because he wants me to say he's happy for you and your new splint, he hopes you can scratch your a**se again!!
    I hope that's not offensive...it wasn't me ...it was Rory!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDebbieXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XX

Hi Debbie', xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    No good for bum scratching or nose/ ear picking or poking. However a small hand garden fork
    Suffices,thanks Terry for posting piÁtures,second time as a hand model the 1st being in 1978
    ESSO tv advertisement filling my Yamaha 250 with Fuel
    No Pete unfortunately not heard from everyone's friend Bob and wish him well

Roy
    Last edited by roy; 14th November 2013 at 11:34. Reason: Love the crimbo avarta Terry
    Good as it gets :-)

Hi Roy;

I guess your hand splint is not working so well. Please keep us updated if you can.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    I have to wear wrist braces to calm the aching in my hands and my fingers. my fingers are difficult to keep straight too.
    I fancy a pair of gloves with a wrist splint built in and elastic along the top of the fingers looped Velcro on the wrist and machine washable? what i'm going to get is some old poo designed by someone who isn't disabled again?
    Colin